The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mileage On JSpec Supra

r2ck_p

Hi guys, is it a problem that some of the JSpec Supras I have been viewing are advertised at 70-85K miles, but the odometer is actually reading a higher figure, because part of it was clocked up in Km in Japan and then when brought to the UK it clocked up in miles. Is this fairly common?

I would of thought when a car arrives in the UK, not only the speedo is converted from km to miles, but also the odometer is converted.

The majority of JSpecs I have seen haven't converted the odometer once arriving in the UK.

Can this be done years after its import and if so what documentation do I need and where do I go to get it done.

Cheers [GRIN][/GRIN]

My Supra came with paperwork from the importer saying the correct mileage was iirc 20k less than was shown, due to the conversion from km to miles, it however wasn't a condition of sale for me, as I wasn't paying over the odds for the car, and the mileage wasn't overly high, so I never tried to check it, so it may well be horse excrement.

yes mate, very common, nothing to worry about, if it has service history you should be able to work it out easy enough. mine came into the country with 125,000k about 75,000m. so from 125000k my car was converted to miles, so everything past this point is miles and add it to 75,000m. think my odo is now on 149,000 so 25,000 of that is actual miles, so 25,000+75,000= my done around 100,000miles now. 2005 it came in to country, not bad, its done 25,000 miles in 7 years.