The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all

Guest Big OC

Guest Big OC

Hay guys

I'm new to the forum but not new to supras. I have a 94 jap import none turbo. I've had it 5 years but for the last 18 months it's been sat in my garage off the road. Well it's time to get the beast back on the road BUT as the car has done around 100,000 miles I am wondering if it would be worth getting a new engine built for it. But I have no idea where to go for ideas on price etc. what do you guys think? Will the engine still be fine with so many miles or should I be thinking of looking into a new one? Also does anyone know how much one would cost? And where to go for one? I'd want to go for a tt or even signal so would i then have to up grade the brakes? Sorry if I seem dumb but I'm not up on modding cars etc so it's all new to me!

Cheers

Hay guys

I'm new to the forum but not new to supras. I have a 94 jap import none turbo. I've had it 5 years but for the last 18 months it's been sat in my garage off the road. Well it's time to get the beast back on the road BUT as the car has done around 100,000 miles I am wondering if it would be worth getting a new engine built for it. But I have no idea where to go for ideas on price etc. what do you guys think? Will the engine still be fine with so many miles or should I be thinking of looking into a new one? Also does anyone know how much one would cost? And where to go for one? I'd want to go for a tt or even signal so would i then have to up grade the brakes? Sorry if I seem dumb but I'm not up on modding cars etc so it's all new to me!

Cheers

To be honest Big OC it all depends on your budget why do you say you need a new engine 100,000 miles isnt a big problem for the supra so long as its been well maintained .....if its been stud for a while i would change all the fluids and give it a good full service and it should be fine, TTengine swops are available as are Single turbo options all depends on budget as i said before anything from 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 grand plus depending on spec

Cheers

-Ian-

Guest Big OC

Thanks safcdixon :) that's good news. Still tempted with building the bhp up :D but can't work out which way to go? Any tips mate

Guest Big OC
To be honest Big OC it all depends on your budget why do you say you need a new engine 100,000 miles isnt a big problem for the supra so long as its been well maintained .....if its been stud for a while i would change all the fluids and give it a good full service and it should be fine, TTengine swops are available as are Single turbo options all depends on budget as i said before anything from 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 grand plus depending on spec

Cheers

-Ian-

Thanks Ian.

I'm not saying it needs it, more of asking really. Glad it isn't the case. We are changing all fluids in a week changing battery, new plugs and new filter. I hope that does it for now. Once mot and tax'd ill think of some bits and bob to make her a little quicker. Then a re spray. I have had some nice cars but I can't let this one go so I want to treat her to some nice performance parts but like you say, it all depends on pennies :)

Good luck with it TBH "tuning" the N/A engine wont get you many more horses, so either going down the TT engine or sticking a Turbo on your current engine called a N/A-T, either will be the option to go with but as you say depending on what pennies you have to spend there are plenty of "members builds" threads on the site so your search button is your friend

Cheers

-Ian-

if you do a search for na-t that will get a load of threads up as theres loads of projects going on atm just have read through a few project you will get the jist, but if you wanting tt power then contact keron he's a trader on here im sure he can source and fit the engine for you i think the cost is around the 3 to 3-5k depending on if your wanting an auto or a manual double that figure if your wanting a 6speed manual

Guest Big OC

Thanks a lot for the info guys.

I've had a quick look at some of the threads but no one I've seen talks about money (understandably) so I'm still in the dark. It's hard when you know very little. Cars are not my strong point but I do run my own successful business so I can spend alittle. 3 or 4k isn't a problem but i don't want to spend that to then relies I need to spend another 3 or 4k. I don't see a point in spending to much.

if you wanting a conversion too tt which is the way i would go (what transmission is yours?) , then contact one of the traders on here, unfortunatly theres not one in your area north yorkshire (town?) so you will have too travel, best thing too do is phone a couple of the traders thats recomended on here by other supra enthusiasts

Good na-t conversion you are looking at atleast 3k. .TT swap I think is around the same, but would benefit from a 6speed box conversion which will double the cost.

These are rough prices mate. Overall cost depends how much the parts cost you, but you wouldn't really want to skip on the parts.

Guest Big OC

Thanks alot for your help guys :D i dont know what to do yet. I have been reading on here loads other the last 24hours and i cant make up my mind. I also what to get a new front bumper but not one that looks ott. Something suttle. I like the Whifbitz Front Bumper but cant find them. Well i have found copys but i have had bad copys in the fast and its cost the earth to correct them.

I may run it as an NA for now and then think about putting a single turbo at a later date.

Mines a manual :) and i live in York mate :)

I need to hunt down a good body shop and i can start getting prices together....