The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My POD runs GTR 9.7@150

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

Nice time Jurgen! :)

That terminal shows a very healthy dose of power - perhaps not as conservative as you were originally gonna go this time?

Interested to hear your 60ft / launch control used / tyres used info? Sounds like these R35's are excellent at getting great launches out of normalish tyres with their top 4wd setups.

Congrats on that time.

I saw your first run and it looked like you didn't get going until the halfway down the track and still managed a 141mph terminal.

i just did normal driving 1st and 2nd gear and then booted it in 3rd to warm it up..

That last run seemed to hook up very well after those tweaks. Shame you couldn't get in one more run before the rain at the end.

yup we managed to nail the 60ft time at the end and were ready to turn up the boost a tad and a bit more launch.

sadly ran out of time..

Nice time Jurgen! :)

That terminal shows a very healthy dose of power - perhaps not as conservative as you were originally gonna go this time?

Interested to hear your 60ft / launch control used / tyres used info? Sounds like these R35's are excellent at getting great launches out of normalish tyres with their top 4wd setups.

power wise is maybe a little more than last time ;-).

we have the syvecs launch control syste and micky thompsons street radials.

only managed one real run as we were testing the top end, then the launch..(did 5 runs only)

we got the chance to try it on run 4 but low on fuel so coasted, fuel trip.

so filled it up with race fuel and managed 1.66 and 9.7 @150,..

just about to go again and try and beat that time but the rain came.

awesome 9.7 @ 150 :cool: as thats your fist time out i guess theres more to come to ?

a highly tuned r35 gtr is imo just about the best all round car money can buy, just need £150000 to buy/build one.

yup first time out and first proper run.

other 3 were testing top end or launch techniques.

big props to ryan in setting the lauch up, we got it nailed at the end,.

- - - Updated - - -

but if anyone has vid - please send it to me.

the launch on those gtrs was amazing. cant help to to say the old supes were somwhat out shone on the strip yesterday

They can launch but I think you're doing Supras an injustice there - I managed a 1.64 sec 60ft on the same DR's with my piddly 400bhp.

Nicely done Jurgen, it's a shame Kev wasnt very graceful about it on the GTR forum, but I know how bad the track was and if you come on a test and tune day it's a guaranteed low 9 and maybe high 8 with more power.

yup he is a silly boy mate.

i have scope to work with and boost to play with ;-) and rpm too.

my first run almost beat the EU record

The launch was setup for only a 4000rpm launch at moment which compared to how hard I had the cars in the US launching is very tame but a transmission is not cheap and Jurgen drives to the track and back so I will always go slow and analysis data before turning stuff up.

This car will easily do a 1.4 60ft which will straight away put it down to an 9.3.

Then we have more boost to play with

Great day though

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)