The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speeding fine

Guest suprageek

Guest suprageek

Speeding ticket landed on my doorstep today, 79 i was doing I think it's a 60mph limit but maybe 50, was caught on camera it said, what's likely to be the penalty if I own up to it, gotta return by post to the police:rolleyes:

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

For future reference try and remember its 10% plus 4 mph, so for a 30mph + 10% = 33 + 4 = 37, anything between 38 to 45 is a speed awareness course, anything after 45 is penalty points and that's only in northern Ireland

It used to be 15mph over the limit you get away with it but then they brought in speed awareness class were you don't get the points ,

Hope this helps keep you right for the future lol ps I'm not a police man I just happen to have a few reliable sources that I trust in the police

Pps anyone that says they got done 33 in a 30 are lieing

Edited by Darragh (see edit history)

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

For future reference try and remember its 10% plus 4 mph, so for a 30mph + 10% = 33 + 4 = 37, anything between 38 to 45 is a speed awareness course, anything after 45 is penalty points and that's only in northern Ireland

It used to be 15mph over the limit you get away with it but then they brought in speed awareness class were you don't get the points ,

Hope this helps keep you right for the future lol ps I'm not a police man I just happen to have a few reliable sources that I trust in the police

My sister and a good mate were also done for 35 in a 30 !!

Where do you get the 10% + 4 from ?

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

I got caught doing 35mph in a 30mph zone and had to sit a speed awareness corse.

I also have the picture to prove this :)

You can ask for the photographic evidence and also proof that the camera was calibrated regularly. There's more info about this if you google it. Most the time they cannot provide the calibration to prove the camera is accurate, so they cancel the fine.

I don't see how it's an offence if no one was hurt. If there wasn't a camera there then nothing would be different, only you wouldn't have to pay £60 for driving a car that you bought, on a road you pay for. It's money grabbing by the government, nothing to do with road safety.

If the camera is calibrated and has a pic of your car doing x miles per hour isn't it

up to you to prove someone else was driving, you can't just say it wasn't me and

that's the end of it because they haven't got a pic of your face.

Breaking the speed limit is an offence, simple as that, there are dozens

of traffic offences that don't involve anyone being hurt, speeding is just one of them !

I agree that it is a huge money making scheme. I have been caught for speeding recently and can`t believe how harsh the sentence was! My usual route to work was closed due to bridge repair work, the only other possible route took me down a road that went from a 40 limit to a 30 limit. A manned camera was tucked away down a side road and I got caught. I admit that I was doing way over the 30 limit at 59mph, but the guy must have seen me turn onto this road about 400 metres in front of his camera and i slowed as soon as I saw him. I would honestly say that I broke the speed limit for about 200 metres!

I told the truth by way of a written statement that was read out in court, I also pointed out that I was very proud to have held an endorsement free licence for 14 years. The result came through the post yesterday.......................6 points on my licence, £250 fine and £85 costs:banghead:

If the camera is calibrated and has a pic of your car doing x miles per hour isn't it

up to you to prove someone else was driving, you can't just say it wasn't me and

that's the end of it because they haven't got a pic of your face.

Yes but in that case you can still get charged for failing to provide details of who was driving/obstructing, a lot of foreigners round here get caught driving illegally or whatever and deny driving, still get prosecuted.

I think he's referring to Northern Ireland

Yep that's the rules for northern Ireland however when we go into the south of Ireland it's really strict but there isn't enough gardai (Irish police) and when we go to England we always take are time as we no England isn't as lenient as northern Ireland lol

I don't see how it's an offence if no one was hurt. If there wasn't a camera there then nothing would be different.....It's money grabbing by the government, nothing to do with road safety.

I have been caught for speeding recently and can`t believe how harsh the sentence was!........I was doing way over the 30 limit at 59mph........ i slowed as soon as I saw him...........

Flat out! safely of course! :)

:taped:

I agree that it is a huge money making scheme. I have been caught for speeding recently and can`t believe how harsh the sentence was! I admit that I was doing way over the 30 limit at 59mph

:idiot:

I don't see how it's an offence if no one was hurt. If there wasn't a camera there then nothing would be different, only you wouldn't have to pay £60 for driving a car that you bought, on a road you pay for. It's money grabbing by the government, nothing to do with road safety.

:idiot: