The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Plasti dip

Guigsy

It can't be all bad, on the UK plastidip website you can see a pic of someone's Audi R8. Looks decent too.

www.dipyourcar.com is an awesome website to check out. They go nuts for the stuff in the states. Apparently people cover wheels and trim on brand new vehicles to protect them.

I've just received 4 cans to do my wheels. I love my wheels, but I'm told not suitable for refurb so I've decided to coat them myself. I'll post up pics when I get them done (whenever we get some dry weather). Checking on Youtube, plenty of people have posted up videos of their cars/wheels 6 months and longer down the line - still looking fresh with no peeling.

Oh and plastidip is used in industrial settings like bridges etc so it must be okay....

PS - I have no affiliation with plastidip!!

• 1 month later...

I always thought that plastidip was the coating you could do on the handles of hand-tools such as screwdrivers and pliers but seems it is now an alternative to vynal wrapping and much cheaper. All the rage in Europe,Australia and the US apparently.Have my doubts as to which colours though as the matte black and white look OK but as to others ....hmm. Was a movie a few years back called Taxi (a US version of the French ones) and there was a BMW 760i that was the baddies car and had plastic paint which at the time I thought was just a gimmick for the film but seems not so daft after all. Found this Supra on the US site's forum. And a Nissan GTR done in yellow on youtube

http://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php?cat=5

The UK site doesn't mention much about dipping cars though http://www.plastidip.co.uk/index.cfm

clean4.jpg

clean5.jpg

clean33.jpg

clean1.jpg

clean2.jpg

redsuprablkwheelsdipped.jpg

redsuprablkwheelsdipped2.jpg

stealth1.jpg