The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie: warning light help

v6shep

Cheers fellas, I haven't seen an active spoiler button lol.

Interior bulb no coming on (only one of these work anyhows)

And no buddy, still catted, only got an HKS backbox on, still silences half way down.

But... So far, bonnet seems likely possibility

If it is coming on at a certain speed it's usually either - as said - the active spoiler has been removed or a problem with the speed delimiter/mph convertor. A diagnostic check should tell you if there are any fault codes stored on the ECU, see how to guide here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?35920-How-To-Check-the-diagnostics-codes&highlight=codes

If the light is coming on randomly, particularly when braking or going up/down a hill it could be the brake fluid level needs topping up - the sensor is very sensitive and can bring up a warning even if the brake fluid is slightly above the min mark.

I had this problem! And then it started flickering as I was driving then realised my boot was open slightly. After shutting it the light came back on again shortly after whilst giving it the beans but then goes off after turning the ignition off then on again?

Which means I need to.... :s

Check the speed sensor which is mounted on the upper side of the gearbox closest to the car's underside and it's connection is quite fiddley to get to.

Speed sensor - Put the car over a pit or raise it on a jack. Look on top of the gearbox for a connector with three wires (red, Yellow and IIRC Red/Blue). This is the speed sensor's connector. Check that connection for damage, secure fastening etc.