The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what injectors are used for t61 turbo build?? stock TT no good?

Supra N_A

650's are enough. The 2JZ setup happens to have a rule of thumb that cc = hp so 650cc supports up to/around 650HP. It's fuel pressure dependent but ok for most uses. Injectors should be as small as possible without being maxed out beyond 80% duty cycles and full power. Keeping them small keeps means the fine control at idle/small throttle inputs is easier to achieve.

I used 650cc drop in PE's on my T61.

so stock injectors are a big nope??

also what boost did you run on your t61?

The stock 440cc injectors will be maxed out at around 400hp, you'll need at least 650cc,

1.4bar should be safe to run on a daily basis, but I'd take advice from whoever is going to map the car.

What sort of management are you wanting to use to run them. If you go down the piggyback ECU route, (EMU, EMB, FIC) they struggle to control anything over 650cc and your idle will be horrendously lumpy. I had 800cc injectors in my blue supra ran by an EMU and the idle had me domented. Ryan did a great job on the map but the EMU just didn't have the facilities to control them precisely enough.

What sort of management are you wanting to use to run them. If you go down the piggyback ECU route, (EMU, EMB, FIC) they struggle to control anything over 650cc and your idle will be horrendously lumpy. I had 800cc injectors in my blue supra ran by an EMU and the idle had me domented. Ryan did a great job on the map but the EMU just didn't have the facilities to control them precisely enough.

Was going to use the emu yes... Well what other solution is there of not using the emu??

Also 650 it will be so it's not over and you were using 800 so will explain idle issues???

Was going to use the emu yes... Well what other solution is there of not using the emu??

Also 650 it will be so it's not over and you were using 800 so will explain idle issues???

I don't really understand what you've said there dude.

I am on the iPhone lol.... Saying the reason you might of had lumpy idle is becouse you were using 800 injectors? But the 650 should be ok?? Where can I purchase these injectors from no where seems to sell them....Also where you using the t61 turbo mate? What boost and power did you make?

I am on the iPhone lol.... Saying the reason you might of had lumpy idle is becouse you were using 800 injectors? But the 650 should be ok?? Where can I purchase these injectors from no where seems to sell them....Also where you using the t61 turbo mate? What boost and power did you make?

Yeah the lumpy idle was because the EMU couldn't control the injectors correctly. Give Paul Whiffin a buzz. I'm sure he will be able to get whatever injectors you need bud.

I had a GT45 turbo. Was huge, I was only running 0.8 bar. It mate just over 500hp.

Funny...Ian's runs spot on...not all injectors are equal...

Abit off topic guys - Is there any advantages off putting uk spec 550cc injectors or sard 650cc injectors into a bpu?

It just means you can push your BPU power levels a little further safely with the 550cc injectors and a resistor pack. If you fit 650s you'll need some sort of management to control them. For a BPU car, 550cc injectors are way enough.

It just means you can push your BPU power levels a little further safely with the 550cc injectors and a resistor pack. If you fit 650s you'll need some sort of management to control them. For a BPU car, 550cc injectors are way enough.

Thanks Hodge :) - I think that A98pmalcolm from the forum has sard 650cc injectors in his TT6. Just wondered if theres and advantage from stock 440's

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

Funny...Ian's runs spot on...not all injectors are equal...

Agreed :) My idle sits at about 750rpm and it's a bit lumpy because of the cams, but certainly not because of the EMU. I run 720's but my static pressure is on the lowish side so they are pretty maxed out at 7200rpm @ 1.4bar on a T67. I could up the pressure and remap it, but then a) the fuel pump would probably run out of oomph and b) it runs fine as it is so why bother :D

I think my injectors are RC Engineering, I got them 2nd hand and they are still going strong, despite running at 90 to 95% duty in the upper echelons.

-Ian

You need some sort of management to control the 550's as well, otherwise it'll overfuel by 25% and stall a lot :) Not much point unless you're running hybrids at 1.4bar really, then they become rather necessary.

They wouldn't fit the stock fuel rail - the stock injectors are side feed, high impedance - those are top feed, low impedance injectors, you'd also need to buy/fit an aftermarket fuel rail, fuel lines/fittings and resistor pack for them to work.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)