The mkiv Supra Owners Club

second turbo when does your come online

fastcar

Surely it depends on what gear you are in? if anything like a single supra it will come on full boost a lot lower in the rpm range in 6th gear than it would in 1st.

it seams to come online at just under 5k in all gears. i always had the impression full boost should happen at 4k

Surely it depends on what gear you are in? if anything like a single supra it will come on full boost a lot lower in the rpm range in 6th gear than it would in 1st.

Never really thought about it that way but i guess you're right, the greater the load on the engine, the quicker they turbos will spool

Has someone had the dash out recently or removed the needles from the speedo ?

Could be coming in at around 4k but your speedo reads slightly higher nearer 5k.My speedo reads 500 revs more than what im doing.. so 3500 on the speedo is actually 3000 :)

just a possibility :)

If you plant your foot in 2nd gear in a bpu auto it wont make 1.2 bar or full boost apparently.

I think normally its around 4k

But i can hear the second turbo spool in my dads car at around or just after 3k.

Not sure about this mate. Mine makes 1.2 and them some without any problems.

Mine kicks in at 3k RPM :)

where have you been fastcar? been missing :)

sorry dude went AWOL for a bit but back now with vengence.

Thanks for all the answers peeps will have a look into it and see if i can sort it out. Its not much of a problem just a bit anoying from time to time