The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Volk GT-C - will they fit?

freeland

Volk GT-C gold.

Front : 8,5x19 ET27

Rear : 9,8x19 ET37

Will they fit on a UK-spec Supra MKIV without any problems? Any ideas? Not sure if the ET at the front will fit. Havent lowered the car yet, but im planing on going with H&R spring.

You'll need to make sure they clear the larger front calipers, the GT-C wheels come with different 'faces', face 1 and face 2 which effects the dish of the wheels and clearance. I would test fit them before you buy if you can, failing that if you find out the actual offsets and if they are Face 1 or Face 2 and contact Rays Wheels they may be able to help.

See here for details http://www.rays-msc.com/wheels/index.cgi?b=1

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Which brakes are you running?

It's a UK Supra so should be the larger brakes. :)

I think ET27 on the front would be too shallow for UK brakes, but, Nic would be able to confirm. J-spec brakes should be ok.

I would if I could but I can't :)

I seem to remember there being a template/clearance dimensions for the larger front calipers on here somewhere, maybe someone can find the thread?

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

You'll need to make sure they clear the larger front calipers, the GT-C wheels come with different 'faces', face 1 and face 2 which effects the dish of the wheels and clearance. I would test fit them before you buy if you can, failing that if you find out the actual offsets and if they are Face 1 or Face 2 and contact Rays Wheels they may be able to help.

See here for details http://www.rays-msc.com/wheels/index.cgi?b=1

They are Face 2. The seller told me that they would fit perfectly. The face 2 has the deeper dish? Looked like it. He lives about 8 hrs from me so not easy to just "drop by" him to test fit. Waiting for a reply from him.

Will contact Rays Wheels.

Thx for the help so far guys!

Heres the reply from RAYS:

1) The A disk will clear supra calipers, so if i suggest you check the

wheels.

2) The offset itself is quite aggressive unless your car is heavily

modified.

I guess I have to make an agreement with the seller that if they dont fit then the money back.

If you look on the Rays website, +27 offset is only available in Face 1, +37 offset is only available in Face 2.

On my car I have UK brakes with:

Front ... 9 x 8.5 offset +39 High type A FACE 1 tyres...245/35 19

Rear ... 19 x 9.5 offset +37 Mid Type B FACE 2 tyres...275/30 19

:blink: The front isn't a perfect fit, the wheel needs to come out further towards the wheel arch. Reducing the offset from 39 would achieve this. I cannot take any measurements on my car it as I don't have any front suspension on it.

The rear wheel/tyre is a good fit. :)

If the wheels that are for sale aren't fitted to the car he could always use a courier to send you one front wheel to try on your car.To send one wheel/tyre in the UK isn't particularly expensive, I obviously don't know about Norway.

Edited by merckx (see edit history)

I seem to remember there being a template/clearance dimensions for the larger front calipers on here somewhere, maybe someone can find the thread?

Brake%20Template.jpg

You would obviously need to print it to scale, probably not that much use as the wheels should clear the brakes but maybe touch the front wheel arch.

Edited by merckx (see edit history)

Thx for the guide merckx! Yea, I saw that on rays website now. I will ask the seller when he gets back to me regarding the fitment. He did say that it will fit the Supra well. I tried ET35 with some other wheels today and they looked nice. Will keep you guys updated on how it goes.