The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cam covers breather smoking

FOSTA

Just need abit of advice in this:

Ive just fitted the ffim to my NA-T and took it for a test drive there, it all seems fine but I noticed that smoke is venting out of the drivers side NA cam cover!

Now this did not happen before I fitted the ffim as I would of noticed it.

Now on the old NA inlet there was a pipe on the passenger side cover that connected to the inlet manifold, so I'm not sure if this would cause a problem?

I do have TT covers to fit but I just wanted some advice on this please :)

It only happends on the drivers side breather

Ah sweet! That puts me at rest then lol.

Where is the one way valve? Is that what is on the cam cover its self?

Also if i fit the new TT covers do I need to connect them the same way to the inlet, or is it ok just to put filters on? Just as I see with my TT covers there is 2 small breather pipes in the middle of the covers witch connects the 2 covers together?

No, I run a massive supercharger on the side of my engine, :think: forced induction is forced induction and plumbing is plumbing.

Tweak the pipe from the cam-cover to point in a convenient direction and plumb to negative pressure before the turbo on induction.

i was not talking to you.

Yeah but you aint run a big turbo on the side of the engine?

Yeah I did lol for nearly 3 year mate :)

That filter was put on when I done the turbo conversion, I've just fitted a ffim over the last few days and the only thing I never connected was the hose that connected to the old inlet to the cam cover. And now I've just took it for a test drive it started smoking out the drivers vent tube on the cover.

It will smoke, it's a breather. It's nothing to worry about. The only downside is you get oil most in your engine bay. I suppose it won't look good with white hoses though.

Attach a pipe to it and drop it down the back of the gearbox aond out the back of the car with a breather on if it troubles you.