The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice for all rota alloy wheel owners........

skippyboyo1

Hey guys, just a quick one. I've had my wheels on now for around 2600 miles and just noticed all my center caps were about to fall off.

Might be worth taking them off and adding a dab of no nails on them to make sure they don't go bouncing down the road.

Its the heat off of the brakes transfering through the wheels and shrinking the center cap slightly, had the issue on my track car and after 3 sets of front centre caps later, rare rims told me the issue

Wicked, its no big issue but just thought it wa worth pointing out

I had this issue, when I spoke to rare rims they said it was because of the heat from the brakes was too hot for the plastic ring/clips. They had just got a new batch of centre caps in with metal clips that I then bought (discounted due to me loosing two caps from heat) and the problem was fixed!

So give them a call and they may have your style caps with metal clips in stock!

At first I thought someone was steeling my centre caps lol

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
When i clicked the link i was honestly expecting a horror story..

Me too! :eek:

i used a small amount of clear silicone sealant and just re sealed them after a tyre change and balance :)

Also, :yeahthat: Mine actually fell off somewhere around Silverstone ( :oops: ) on a track day a couple of years ago, I think due to excessive heat causing them to soften. A dab of silicone adhesive and the problem is cured. :) I also bought a couple of spares from Rota in case things go awry gain.

Edited by DaveR (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...