The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member - Manchester - Looking to buy Supra TT

r2ck_p

Hi, I am a new member from Manchester, currently looking for a Supra TT, so hopefully might be a few gems on here for sale.

As I am new to Supra's is there anything I should be looking out for when viewing them. Any major engine issues to look out for ?

Cheers

Hi, I am a new member from Manchester, currently looking for a Supra TT, so hopefully might be a few gems on here for sale.

As I am new to Supra's is there anything I should be looking out for when viewing them. Any major engine issues to look out for ?

Cheers

Hi,

In answer to your question yes on both counts, theres lots of issues with these cars now due to age, mileage lack of maintainance etc etc

People say the 2JZ GTE is bullet proof but the simple fact is, it isn't, it's a great car but is now reaching an age where it's showing up its weak points.

I could write a list but think i'd put you off buying one if i did.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Excellent yet another victim from the Manchester area :sly:

Shouldn't have to many problems finding what your looking for. There's plenty for sale, all depends on your budget, what colour you want and what transmission.

Welcome.

Cheers guys ! Have printed the link off so will have a read through it tonight.

Dunk - looking for a JSpec 1995 onwards with under 90K miles so hopefully maybe a little healthier.

A 95 is 17 yrs old so there's a good chance unless certain parts have been changed then

in the near future it could cost someone quite a chunk of cash.

Radiator

Heater Matrix

A/C rad

Intercooler

Brake calipers

Wheel bearings

Suspension arms

Brake lines

Fuel lines

Engine hoses

Valve stem seals

Cam cover seals

Main crank seals

Ect

Lower mileage is no guarantee i'm afraid and a lot of imports can't back up the mileage or

show any history.

If a car has got history you really need to go through it to see whats been done to the car

and save yourself a chunk of cash and give you a better haggling posistion

Good luck finding a nice one

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Excellent yet another victim from the Manchester area :sly:

Shouldn't have to many problems finding what your looking for. There's plenty for sale, all depends on your budget, what colour you want and what transmission.

Welcome.

Hi pal, this is what I am looking for,

Colour: Preferably Black (may consider Gunmetal Grey, Bronze or White if at a lower price)

Type: JSpec (the more recent the import the better)

Gearbox: Manual or Auto (Would pick an Auto if the same spec car was £3-4K less, if similar or only 1.5K less would go with Manual)

Bodywork Condition/Mods: Must be mint (no rust, paintwork damage, different colour resprayed panels etc..). Must be the OEM bumpers/skirts (no aftermarket body kits, sticker on paintwork etc..)

Engine Condition/Mods: Once again must be mint, no blue smoke, turbo issues etc... Will consider something that is lightly modified performance wise with an aftermarket exhaust/filter, but nothing that has had major engine modifications.

Interior: No walnut type dash, must be the grey/black version. Front black leather would be great, but open to consider black cloth seats, either way must be in good condition. No beige, cream or red seats.

Model: Face lift would be great but open to consider none facelift.

Mile: Low miles, really a maximum of 85K miles

Budget: Seen auto's in good condition from around £5-7K and 6 Speed Manuals around £9/10K. Wouldn't consider anything above this.

Hope this helps as I am a new member I can't post in the Wanted section yet. I am keeping my eyes pealed on the Classified section daily but if anything else comes up that has yet to be listed in Classifieds please do let me know.

Cheers

A 95 is 17 yrs old so there's a good chance unless certain parts have been changed then

in the near future it could cost someone quite a chunk of cash.

Radiator

Heater Matrix

A/C rad

Intercooler

Brake calipers

Wheel bearings

Suspension arms

Brake lines

Fuel lines

Engine hoses

Valve stem seals

Cam cover seals

Main crank seals

Ect

Lower mileage is no guarantee i'm afraid and a lot of imports can't back up the mileage or

show any history.

If a car has got history you really need to go through it to see whats been done to the car

and save yourself a chunk of cash and give you a better haggling posistion

Good luck finding a nice one

Cheers for the heads up !

Hi pal, this is what I am looking for,

Colour: Preferably Black (may consider Gunmetal Grey, Bronze or White if at a lower price)

Type: JSpec (the more recent the import the better)

Gearbox: Manual or Auto (Would pick an Auto if the same spec car was £3-4K less, if similar or only 1.5K less would go with Manual)

Bodywork Condition/Mods: Must be mint (no rust, paintwork damage, different colour resprayed panels etc..). Must be the OEM bumpers/skirts (no aftermarket body kits, sticker on paintwork etc..)

Engine Condition/Mods: Once again must be mint, no blue smoke, turbo issues etc... Will consider something that is lightly modified performance wise with an aftermarket exhaust/filter, but nothing that has had major engine modifications.

Interior: No walnut type dash, must be the grey/black version. Front black leather would be great, but open to consider black cloth seats, either way must be in good condition. No beige, cream or red seats.

Model: Face lift would be great but open to consider none facelift.

Mile: Low miles, really a maximum of 85K miles

Budget: Seen auto's in good condition from around £5-7K and 6 Speed Manuals around £9/10K. Wouldn't consider anything above this.

Hope this helps as I am a new member I can't post in the Wanted section yet. I am keeping my eyes pealed on the Classified section daily but if anything else comes up that has yet to be listed in Classifieds please do let me know.

Cheers

You need to be a paid up member to be able to put a post in the 'wanted' section.

Also might be worth speaking to someone like JM Imports on here who can source some great cars.

Welcome to the club :)

You need to be a paid up member to be able to put a post in the 'wanted' section.

Also might be worth speaking to someone like JM Imports on here who can source some great cars.

Welcome to the club :)

I thought it might be a case that you have to post a certain number of posts first. Will have a look in to becoming a member, a tenner sounds fair though.

In discussions with Jurgen at JM Imports already, ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...