The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it hard to blend Moonstone/Gunmetal paint?

RB-GTE

I have a Moonstone/gunmetal facelift Supra I wanted to get the rear fenders rolled or shaved, and then pulled. I understand that the paint may crack, I hope it doesn't, even if it does, if I just had the edge blended into the quarter pannel should be it be noticeable? Is it a hard color to deal with?

cheers

If you have the N06 paint code then it is a b@stard to match.

I had my rear bumper done 18 months ago and my paint man had a nightmare as Toyota admit that there are about 8 different shades. Get a good paint man who knows what he is doing. My man put a bit of gold in the paint and it came up fantastic on the third attempt. I now probably have one of the only gunmetal bumpers that actually match.

H.

Its no issue for someone that knows what there doing fella, if there doing a proper job I would just blow in the rear bumper and 1/4's to match out then just lacquer out the panels, if the repairs to close to the doors same would have to apply to them aswell I'm affrad ;-)

• 3 months later...
Guest BioCustoms

all the guys are spot on with the comments if you want a a1 job needs blending and can be done most colours have a number of shades but silvers and gun metals are one of the hardest colours to work with but like ye man says its all down to the painter not the paint a dummy can find out the colour code applying it is a another matter but if your spraying that much its defo worth a re-spray or maybe a colour change at the same time :)

Edited by BioCustoms (see edit history)

all the guys are spot on with the comments if you want a a1 job needs blending and can be done most colours have a number of shades but silvers and gun metals are one of the hardest colours to work with but like ye man says its all down to the painter not the paint a dummy can find out the colour code applying it is a another matter but if your spraying that much its defo worth a re-spray or maybe a colour change at the same time :)

Hello :)