The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA times at Santa Pod!

Guest Rays the roof

Guest Rays the roof

Well girls and guys, I am doing my first run this weekend! I have Jap spec NA auto. Still cated, no induction, but big exhaust:

Previous times so I know what to expect???

;)

Will be trying a few things:

Manual on/off

Air filter stock/TRD

AIT resistor fitted/not fitted

Cheers

:thumbs:

Guest Rays the roof

I am really hurt now!!:confused:

Might not be the fastest on the day, but I intend to be one of the loudest - LOL!

C'mon then; am I lookin at 16 sec or 20 sec. Really no idea, never been to one, haven't watched the video or wore the T-shirt!!

:D

All in jest :)

Times logged so far for NA's

01. 14.5 @ ?? mph Lust2luv (SZ-R 5) JAP (Elvington)

02. 15.111 @ 89.96 mph Trig (SZ 5) JAP (Santapod) Reaction time = 0.745

03. 15.12 @ 90 mph Rob (SZ 5) JAP (Elvington) 60 Foot = 2.3 de-catted, HKS induction & exhaust

04. 15.2 @ 92 mph ImportSupra (SZ 5) JAP (York Dragway)

05. 16.175 @ 87.49 mph Darren Blake (SZ auto) JAP (Santapod) 60 foot = 2.527

Guest Rays the roof

Cheers Mate! I am happy again - ;)

Presumably they have to start the next run while we are half way down the track. Otherwise the day won't be long enough - LOL

:p

Did my first three runs at the last jap show in a completely standard n/a though I filled up with petrol on the way up for some reason so was carrying unnecessary weight:(

These are the times I did.

1st

Reaction .837 Time [email protected]

2nd

Reaction .633 Time [email protected]

3rd

Reaction .667 Time [email protected]

I must admit I was being gentle on her as it was my first time but this weekend the gloves are off (and the petrol tank will be less full!!)

Fingers crossed I can bring the times down a little.

Guest Rays the roof
Originally posted by 250horses

I did pod in July this year in a 5 speed NA with de-cat, HKS induction and exhaust. my best was 14.8 - but that was just the once - most runs were around mid 15's - I had 12 goes :D

Did the decat make a marked difference in pick up?

Thinking of it, but car is fcukin loud already. Might make a muffler for those mornings when I am the only poor b*stard getting up for work so early....

;)

Oh bugger bugger bugger. i really don't know which car to bring up this weekend???? The N/A i have loved for over 3 years and only have for 1 more week or my latest rather tweaked TT?? I really want to blat both down the strip to see how they compare. i also would like to see what effect the nos is having in real time. Cmon someone make a descision for me!!!

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Oh bugger bugger bugger. i really don't know which car to bring up this weekend???? The N/A i have loved for over 3 years and only have for 1 more week or my latest rather tweaked TT?? I really want to blat both down the strip to see how they compare. i also would like to see what effect the nos is having in real time. Cmon someone make a descision for me!!!

take the na, you can take the tt next time :)

Originally posted by mawby

Bit risky, I take it you've sold it then? If so (and I was the new buyer) I'd be a bit pissed if I found out my car had been ragged down a strip just before I get hold of it.

maybe, but lets face it we're ALL driving around in sup's that have been ragged by someone or another prior to us having them. They are built to take it, and the new owner will likely treat it just the same......

Anyway it could get more of a work out just doing the trip to pod than at the strip itself knowing DB..................

and i'd be more p*ssed off reading that my car can be whipped by a Ford Ka:D

Originally posted by Scooter

maybe, but lets face it we're ALL driving around in sup's that have been ragged by someone or another prior to us having them. They are built to take it, and the new owner will likely treat it just the same......

Anyway it could get more of a work out just doing the trip to pod than at the strip itself knowing DB..................

and i'd be more p*ssed off reading that my car can be whipped by a Ford Ka:D

Steady on fella's the cash isn't in my sticky mits yet!!!!

A little jaunt up Santa Pod raceway is hardly ragging it any more than most do "owning" other road users at various lights etc. A couple of miles worth of max acceleration certainly won't hurt her.

If I was a prospective owner it would be nice to know beforehand that (A) the car can take a trip up the pod in its stride no worries and (B) what its times were. If the times were that dreadfull I might be inclined to take a little walk elswhere. Also i would be very interested to know exactly what effect the nitrous system that I was also purchasing with a car was having and wether or not that nitrous was worth the effort or not.