The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front inidcators installing

terribleturner

What a mission. Found every tool except the one that i needed, so off i went and bought a new racquet set. Get home and how is was that to get to the indecators?? very pleased it went so quick. My one big problem now is the facelift bulb holder harness. So i drive down to Toyota in Slough who then inform me that it was part of the engine and that it couldn't be ordered. I told him that im sure he's wrong at that i would get home and find the part number off of here, and so i did. I call up about 10 mins ago and they inform me that part numbers

RH _PN 81515-14390 & LH _PN 90075-99080

were different items. I thought these were just the harnesses, left and right (allthought im sure they are they look theb same). What should i be ordering from Toyota for the push in bulb units??

On a more serious note, there is a little confusion over the facelift harness numbers, but since you have to cut the car-side plug off when you fit them anyway it does not matter which one you order for which side.

I was advised to get two of the same ones (81515-14390 I think). The parts arrived on Tuesday. Wait until the weekend and I'll tell you whether they are correct or not and post up the part number again.

EDIT: this is the side repeaters, i only looked at the top pic of the page

You can get them direct from Toyota, they were £19.80

order no T81731-02020 (there off a corrolla or avensis etc.) but all have same indicators;)

For front indicators you can buy from Toyota and take out the orange plastic (dead easy) or i think Leon sells them already without the orange plastic but someone will be along with his number:D

Originally posted by terribleturner

I'm gonna throw in a recommendation with the place that Merckx pointed out. I got mine from them. Took just over a week i think and i only paid the Ebay price, no duties on top. They don't have the orange bits inside wich looks good too.

did it come with the wiring loom for one side? forgotten which side needs it.

Now that's what i planned to do, but the bulb holders on my 94 are in and twist, where as the bulbs supplied are push in. Now i know you'll probably say just adapt the indicator holder to fit the larger type bulb holders and get orange bulbs, but i didn't really want to start messing around with the indicators themselves as i'll probably mess it up.

Wiring looms part no.

T81515-14390 £11.95 each + VAT

Both sides are the same so buy a pair. You will still need the chop one end off because - suprise suprise - the plugs on the car are different to the looms, but you get the correct bulb holders so bodging or butchering.

Hope this helps.

Chris