The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A - T is it worth it ? ? ?

Guest suprasteven

Guest suprasteven

I have seen a few people on here running this set up and i thought about the idea

So i was just wondering if it is actually worth doing or not? seeing as i ve heard the limited tunning capibilities of the N/A

any help would be great

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK the limited tuning capabilities talked about are on a stock engine.

If you turbo the n/a engine, then I suppose its all down to supporting mods on what you can get to power wise.

Personally, I would sell the N/A and buy a TT auto. Would cost around the same as doing an N/A-T conversion. (Presuming you get £2-3k for the n/a, an auto TT can be picked up for around £6k average)

For a good na-t kit, look at spending over £3k, as you dont want to be skimping anywhere really.

Is it worth it? depends what you want and how much you want to spend, if you want an NA-T Supra are able to do the build yourself and are either willing to spend a lot on decent quality new parts or able to source good quality parts second hand then go for it. If you think it'll be the cheapest option to get more power then I'd personally say no.

not again :(. i say yes it is, others say no its not. most say what theyve heard others say and have no actual experience of either. its all a bit monotamous (spelling?)

if you want one buy mine all done 400 bhp manual with an lsd and other extras :) cheap cheap

How much are you selling yours for mate?

I would also say yes, but if it's just because you want more power then I would say no, as like said you could pick up a TT for the money you would of spent buying your car and then turboing it.

I went NA-T because I like to try things myself and it was a great learning curve, and the fact I wanted to build it my way and I love the sound of a single turbo along with the looks.

So for me it wasn't just for the power.

I went NA-T because I like to try things myself and it was a great learning curve, and the fact I wanted to build it my way and I love the sound of a single turbo along with the looks.

So for me it wasn't just for the power.

Couldn't agree more, if you just want more power then go TT. If the thought of a learning curve and you want to be a LITTLE bit different then look into.

If you think doing some research is to much trouble then don't bother as I spend nights trying to gather up genuine information, it's all part of the build.

Garage Whifbitz NA-T kit is the way forward :)

after lowering the compression you can put the power up to something quite awesome.

I will be putting a turbo on my car when I can. I like my Aerotop.

Then the gearbox ends up being the next issue sadly, If only they all had the 6speed from the start be it TT or NA.

Guest suprasteven

I am sure that it would give more power???

i know everyone says go TT but if it wasnt worth it then i am sure people wouldnt be doing it

there must be a few good points to it besides learnng, the single turbo sound and little power gain

I am sure that it would give more power???

i know everyone says go TT but if it wasnt worth it then i am sure people wouldnt be doing it

there must be a few good points to it besides learnng, the single turbo sound and little power gain

Their are gains, like anything good & bad points.

Question is what are your goals? What do you want to achieve? And budget.

If you want BPU power than NA-T is the way forward. If you want or aim for higher figures, it's alot more hassle than it's worth. Finanically, unless you do alot of work yourself going higher than BPU will become alot more expensive than buying a TT in the long run.

Getting 400-600 BHP from an NA would be cheaper if you do 80% of the work yourself than going TT, but the parts won't be premium and some people would be put off using cheaper parts and the re-sale value won't reflect your modifications.

We still need a section on this forum to answer this topic..

Guest suprasteven

Thanks Noz

thats answered it!

i am not after massive power not yet anyways i just want something fast and fun for a while but with a turbo 400bhp will be perfect for what i am after