The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top oem air scoop with after market radiators

Shane

I am guessing I am not unique in this as I have seen lots of cars with after market radiators fitted fitted and running stock air boxes and scoops. But on mine the top one that sits on the top of the rad and gets air into the side of the stock air box is sitting a bit high now with the new rad and is causing the bonnet not to close correctly on the driver side.

What have others done?

I am considering chopping a bit out of the sound proofing on the underside of the bonnet. I know it goes against the grain on here a bit, but am seriously considering a custom airbox and filter now, but for now just need to get the car back together ready for the MOT on Monday and then Suprapod.

I've posted about this a few times before. The top air feed needed a bracket making for it so it fitted correctly. I'll get a pic for you so you can see what I did. Still needs a bit of force to get it into position before bolting it down.

You can see the bracket that I (from my Dad's idea) made. The bonnet closes okay now, too;

Cheers Josh,

Is that bracket stepped then so the intake sits lower than it does if you bolt it to the tapped pillar on the rad?

Nah, it's a flat piece.

It was just sitting too far back before so the rubber strip on the bonnet wasn't touching the top of the feed, now it fits fine :)

I can get a better picture if you want :)

Nah, it's a flat piece.

It was just sitting too far back before so the rubber strip on the bonnet wasn't touching the top of the feed, now it fits fine :)

I can get a better picture if you want :)

Yes please that would be a help thanks. I think mine may be a little different to yours though as the scoop in general seems a bit high.