The mkiv Supra Owners Club

carbon splitter fittment

Guest optimus

Probably the same way as a usual splitter I would imagine. Multiple mounting points, using fair sized bolts and decent washers. I'd think using small bolts and tiny washers you would have the same issue with fibregalss and carbon, not having enough surface area and possibly causing the splitter to crack on the mounting points.

The location of the mounting points would obviously depend on the splitter itself. I fitted a plastic one, and due to being ductile I was able to use small nuts and bolts with a number of mounting points. I would of using with something that could crack you would want fairly decent desized washers.

Some of the body work guys here may be able to be more help, or even some of the detailers they may have seen different cars have issus and their causes etc.

The original bolts that came with my splitter snapped after alot of abuse hitting the road ( the splitter was fine ) for a couple extra pound I got stronger nuts bolts and washers out of local garage and there is no way it's coming off now, it's a real easy thing to fit 10mm spanner and 10mm socket and maybe a drill if needs be

And cable ties if all else fails lol

Guest optimus

cheers for input thats kind of the same way i was thinking,it just seems a shame to drill holes in brand new carbon