The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dashboard / panel screws

linconhawk

Hey all,

Whilst stripping the dash panels the other day to replace my dials, I noticed some toe rag previous owner has had the panels out and only replaced some of the screws, I would guess there was atleast about 10 screws missing....

Anyway, where can I easily get these ?

Is Keron my best bet.... or can I simply take one with me and pop to somewhere like B&Q or screwfix etc etc... ?

TIA

Im sure I saw more than that....

5 on top panel

Radio panel had one at the top

Speedo cluster had 4

Im sure there was a panel on the right that had one at the top too.

Lights / indicator plastic covering had about 3 / 4

I think I only had about 4 screws in total, lol....

Anyway, Im thinking just going to somewhere like screwfix and getting some that visibly look the same....

Anyway, Im thinking just going to somewhere like screwfix and getting some that visibly look the same....

They'll have screws that'll do the job but if you want to replace the screws that're visible when the dashboard is all in place they won't have any that look the same as the original screws. I'm familiar with with all the fixings they sell, same goes for all the diy shops. Have a look on their website, every product is there to view.

I have a few missing from mine, it's not necessary to have them all there to hold the separate dashboard pieces in place.

Plenty of similar screws on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=black+self+tapping&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

Edited by merckx (see edit history)

Merckx,

Thanks for your reply, very useful.

Your right ebay seems to have loads... I think Ill get some from there in black....

Do you know what size I need that will match as best to the orignal, obviously being ebay cannot physically view...

Im not very good when it comes to screw sizes... lol

Many thanks