The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Self painting spark plug cover.

listy

What do people use?

Obviously it needs some heat resistance, so Hammerite? Guessing a spray would be better. And how do people paint the writing? Do you use a mini roller or a brush?

And do people use a heat resistant laquer (is there such a thing?)

I know I've been asking a few questions lately, got 6 weeks of leave coming up, so want to do as much with the cars looks as possible while I have the time :D

I have done little bits of paint on dashes/engine bays before, and when prepping it, I have used a fine sand paper to rough it up, the primed, sprayed and laquered.

I have heard plenty of people mentioning to "key" it, but what does that mean? *ignorant* ;)

I have done little bits of paint on dashes/engine bays before, and when prepping it, I have used a fine sand paper to rough it up, the primed, sprayed and laquered.

I have heard plenty of people mentioning to "key" it, but what does that mean? *ignorant* ;)

Answered your own question there. :)

Get the Gunk into that bay matey, will come up a treat. :D

It's a oldish pic i didnt think I had any recent ones, having vents in the bonnet it don't stay clean long anyway But here's some newer pics Cleaner pics :)image

image just noticed the paint has cracked at the front :(