The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone heard of the Gixxer_Drew suspension setup?

Camry5Sgte

That is where I got it from obviously, just wondering if anyone here is running it. I searched and found nothing is why I asked.

I'd just buy a new set of yellow Bilstein/Toyota dampers and Eibach Pro Spring Set - tried an tested setup and well suited to UK roads - if you want height adjustability then get some grooves machined into the damper bodies so you can adjust the spring seats.

Part numbers

2 x 48510-09016 Toyota/Bilstein Damper

2 x 48530-09016 Toyota/Bilstein Damper

34879 Eibach Pro Spring Kit

attachment.php?attachmentid=22003&d=1128746673 http://www.fensport.co.uk/images/products/variantimages/main/eibach_universal.jpg

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I took a set of Chris Wilson's dampers and springs and and then modified them using the gixxer drew approach. I did the rears so I could gain space for my 315 tyres by using smaller springs. The front kept Chris' springs as I had plenty room there. Obviously they are now height adjustable both ends :)

The spring rates suggested aren't that much stiffer than stock so i wouldn't worry about them not suiting our roads. I run approx 250lb at the rear which is softer than CW's and to be honest I may go a tad softer on the front when I can be bothered to work out some suitable springs. I am running titan anti roll bars too which stiffens things even more - not perfect for fast driving on crap B roads.

Click the bilstein link in my signature to see all my photos related to the suspension work....

Not a chance Nic. The stock rubbers actually sit between the spring and the top mount. With the bilstein 2.5" top seats the spring sits right on them, no room for a normal dust boot. If I used mine in the wet then I'd try to knock up a simple small bellows type rubber that mounts to the top of the damper. They are available and look a bit like a steering rack gaiter.