The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new UK spec TT supra

NathWraith

...Well I took her out for test drive, gave a good looking over. And a straight swap for my 350Z I know own a TT UK spec Supra :)

Enough service history to sink a battleship, orignal service book and original Supra owner's manual. As the advert said, full service including spark plug change and front offside shock asorber changed. New discs and pads also.

Car runs very sweet. Filled up with Esso 97 premium and was beautifully smooth. Everything is competly stock as the advert says.

Bad points, seats are very worn and rear tyres are a very poor brand. The wiper arms could do with a refurb too as paint has flecked off and they are rusting slightly, not a big job but the spoil and otherwise lovely looking car! Also the number plates look a bit crap so will be getting some nice standard UK size ones on there. And the tax disc holder too lol.

I tried out all the gadgets, so the aero, cruise control, heated seats all work, the UK brakes really do make a difference too. A lot more stopping power than my old j spec.

Anyway enough of me. here's the pics:

Edited by NathWraith (see edit history)

does it have folding mirrors for when it goes in the garage? looks abit tight :D

hehe, my previous supra fitted in fine with about 6 inches either side!

Thanks forthe comments guys. Always been my dream car a TT UK spec supra, my N/A was good until I crashed it :( (still got it though!) and the 350Z was good too just not a Supra!

Looks nice but i hope you went through the history to see whats actually been done

to it or it could end up being a money pit.

Not trying to be negative just that i know what i've had to do to my UK spec to keep it

on the rd

Very nice. Out of interest, how does it compare performance wise to the zed?

The zed is a very polished and balanced car, linear power delivery, lots of grip and a tight chassis. Technically I would say the supra is an inferior car bar outright power. However this is very much a heart over head situation. Always wanted a clean UK TT. Now I've got one!

Just ordered two new rear tyres also, contisport 3's to match the fronts. Being 17" wheels they are relatively cheap! It is nice having the original owners manual though, having all the info you need right in front of you :)

Very nice. Out of interest, how does it compare performance wise to the zed?

I had a little straight run with a 350Z in my old TT Supra and it was a huge difference. When we got to the next set of lights the chap was asking me what I tuned on it & I told him it is stock with even the cats in :)

Same difference pretty much as a TT & NA.

Thanks Nath.

Abz, you actually surprise me. I always came off worse against these when my original TT was stock, which is what prompted the question. Sadly never really saw one at BPU!

To be honest I was quite surprised at the difference, my wife was with me too and she said, just don't lose! :D

His one was a Jap Import I think (from his rear plate and dodgy fog light), though I don't think they were any different.