The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whoops...now that's not supposed to happen!

loks

Hi Nic

Thx for your concern but actually I wasn't travelling very quickly at the time, I know it doesn't look like it. I was probably doing around 50-60kph winding down after coming over Route Twisk towards Sek Kong.

Something distracted me when I was passing the old NAAFI building at the entrance to the PLA army camp there. Maybe it was the fact that they were changing guard at the time and he was pointing his gun at me :eek:

I hit the following corner and the back end came round on me slightly (and it as bone dry at the time), over corrected, fishtailed and I was a passenger after that. Bang, into the barrier, bounced back and coasted down the hill to the next layby. It was just about driveable but with a few bits missing down front there, I wasn't going far.

Got out without any injuries at all, thank god. Just hurt pride.

Police bike eventually turned up, saw the damage was to the army barrack property and not public highway, didn't want to get involved and just ferked off...:conf: Amazing.

Doors opened OK so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the chassis wasn't twisted all. I will have it fully checked out this weekend by various garages before I make a decision on where to go from here.

1. Scrap the car and just be patient with the NA for a while ;)...sorry to you NA guys/girls out there.

2. Rework the car if possible and add a body kit, depends on cash flow... :devil:

3. Scrap the car and delve into the taboo subject of transplanting the necessary bits from the TT to the NA. I know another expensive option but still an option. Although the NA is over 9 years old it has only just done 30k km and therefore the bottom end should just about be run in by now.

Cars at home now, having a well earned rest.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Good to hear you are okay. Hope it is fixable, good excuse to buy a new bodykit and get a respray ;) Wa recomended a bodyshop to me that he uses, also Crazy Racing use someone who did a good job of fitting/painting my TS nose.

Only one motorcycle policeman at a road accident and he didn't do anything! That must be a first normally they swarm on mass to a RTA and spend hours sorting stuff out.

Good luck with getting it sorted, then time for some more track day time:flame Dev

Holy Shit Dave, that's heartbreaking to see, glad to hear your O.K. though.

Don't worry about this weekend, just concentrate on getting the car sorted and if you need any help at all please let me know. If you need another garage for bodywork quotations Kevin at Auto 1 in Tsuen Wan does some good work and has reasonable prices. I can give him a call and email him the pictures if you want, although I don't suppose he could tell you if it is a write off from the photo's.

I don't have the contacts for the bodyshops, speak to Wa at TR and Fei Gei (sp?) at CR. From my experience I think you'd be better off going to someone you know will do a good job rather than the cheapest option. The bodyshop that CR use weren't the cheapest but did a good job for me and Wa said the place that does their work was very good and their prices are good also.

lol :devil:

That was the tow truck guy that gave me great pleasure that the car would be a write off and his friend would give me HK$500 (GBP40) to tow it to the scrappies. Considering my mods I had to decline his kind offer ;)

Don't you just hate people who try to make a bad situation worse? Not aiming that at you Rob of course.