The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to change once the engine is out.

gavin.starr

Is there any things on the engine that would be benefitial to change once the engine is out.

Im having to split the head from the block so obviously the head gasket, the block im getting has only done 44k so i presume the oil pump should still be good.

I know the valve stem seals need doing on the head but i was thinking about saving and gettinga whifbitz stage 1 rebuilt head anyway.

any more things that would be a good idea to replace once its out.

I think there has been mention of coreplugs failing recently? I would probably change the oil pump anyway and the crank pulley as mentioned above. Good time to have new engine mounts and all rubber vac hoses or at least the tricky to get to ones like the ones near the bulkhead to the pressure tank. I would buy as many new parts as your budget allows even if it means saving for those rather than a stage 1 head.

I allways forget about things like pulleys and also about the price of these things. Its going to be a longer than planned project anyways so i suppose ill have to get saving up again :blink:.

All my money dissapeared on he house deposit, and now on the purchase of a new car and an engine block for the supra time to start over.