The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What drives you mad about your Supra???

Geo

The turning circle is crap, the fact it attracts every white van man, chav in his Saxo and middle aged bloke in his diesel bmw/merc to try and sit close enough to my arse to get in my boot and lastly that I have to worry about everywhere I park it :(

But otherwise, it's pretty sweet :p

The J-spec brakes and how they seize up if you so much as look at them wrong.

Given that most cars (apart from really, really high performance ones) have sliding calipers nowadays, the J-spec Supra brake durability is appaling.

The J-spec brakes and how they seize up if you so much as look at them wrong.

Given that most cars (apart from really, really high performance ones) have sliding calipers nowadays, the J-spec Supra brake durability is appaling.

Not to mention if you look at them bleed nipples the wrong way they will literally crumble the caliper! Lol :D

Brakes Squeaking.

Roof lining falling down.

Yellow headlights.

random rattles.

stereo not working.

A/C pump not working.

Kick plate next to the accelerator has nothing holding it in place, but even when removed the stuff behind it gets in the way!! (probably the worst and slightly dangerous)

There are more things but i have to get back to work and cant sit here for another hour listing them.

Still love the thing to bits tho ;)

:yeahthat:

But it gives me "my time" away from the house, so could almost forgive that as i enjoy working on the car. The bit that annoys me is the money when something goes wrong, which usually means the single turbo fund deminishes and i have to start again :(

Guest Budz86

The various squeak's and rattles.

Yellow headlights.

Bumpy ride (but that's more the crap roads).

The endless list of maintenance and the stupidly high cost for original parts!

I have few issues with my Supra but nothing what I would be fussy about. I'm amazed that this 17yo machine can not only catch up but be much better then most of the cars.

I'm very "happy" to see relatively new cars, park on side of the road with bonnets up and hazard lights on...where me and my Supra just glide by :)

I love having project and its not that it never ends its just so many ideas to make it different and looking "update".. Unlimited option of building, playing and changing is fantastic! She is not looking good at this moment(I just start the project) but she's awesome and I love my Supra to bits! :)

Edited by Gabriella (see edit history)

When i had my Supra, the thing that drove me :eek: was the clutch, it used to rattle/chatter like mad when at biting point. In fact in drove me insane.... :(

So what drives you banana's about your car???

exactly this with mine too :(