The mkiv Supra Owners Club

We finally have a 2nd turbo once again!

Chris Bailey

Well i am saying this with a massive grin on my face! We finally have a supra with 2 turbos working and it feels so good to say that after what feels like a lifetime. Dad picked the supra up from Whifbitz today and picked me up from work and he gave it a little squirt on the way home and i can tell you it pulls better than it ever has before. I just want to say a massive thankyou to TRD ROB for supplying us with his 2nd hand j-spec turbos you are a star! :) And also a thankyou to Whifbitz for trying your best to get my dads car back on the road :). AND A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO Adi (letmeshowyou) for taking his time out to try and fix the supra with his knowledge :D. Now we finally have 2 turbos working just in time for Suprapod all we need now is the weather to play its part.

BIG BIG THANKS TO TKDDAV3 FOR GIVING HIS MORAL SUPPORT!

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

So care to share with the class what actually fixed it?

A 2nd hand set of j-spec turbos which were bought of TRD Rob

Just the old turbos gave up the ghost. After they were inspected it seems they had some sort of hybrid setup in them. Also whifbitz found water in the wastegate. I dont have a clue how water got in there lol.

But the main thing is everything is better now! :D

So care to share with the class what actually fixed it?

1 Checked all hoses and vsv's - all ok

2 changed pressure tank that was ok and holding pressure

3 had turbos checked and found out they were some pretty poor turbo technics hybrids - quite worn but both should have worked

4 Managed to get some second hand j-specs from TRD Rob

5 put them on replumbed and hey ho 2 working turbo's - either a dodgy turbo or plumbing got sorted when refitted- personally I think it was probably something wrong with the turbo.

So glad its running as it should and now looking forward to Suprapod

3 had turbos checked and found out they were some pretty poor turbo technics hybrids - quite worn but both should have worked

5 put them on replumbed and hey ho 2 working turbo's - either a dodgy turbo or plumbing got sorted when refitted- personally I think it was probably something wrong with the turbo.

Congratulations jcbtt as there is nothing better than getting things sorted before a trip to Santa pod especially after all the ball ache it has given you during it's short life with you so far.

That's enough about Chris, anyway I am glad your car is now fixed and healthy :D

Cool, good to hear its fixed. I only asked for the benefit of other members who may have No2 turbo problems :)

Congratulations jcbtt as there is nothing better than getting things sorted before a trip to Santa pod especially after all the ball ache it has given you during it's short life with you so far.

That's enough about Chris, anyway I am glad your car is now fixed and healthy :D

:rlol:

Glad the car is sorted now! :)

Excellent news, really pleased for you both :)

(surprised to hear they were Hybrids btw... the first turbo was impressive with it's spool IMO)

Thanks Adi - I'll tell you about the hybrids when I next see you

All the car needs now is the boost controller being fettled by your magic hands

John

Thanks Adi - I'll tell you about the hybrids when I next see you

All the car needs now is the boost controller being fettled by your magic hands

John

Just on the 1% off chance I do run against you or anyone at Suprapod make sure you don't fit the boost controller.........maybe don't have any petrol in it either :D