The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Standalone ECU

bambisdad

If you're going by price alone, then Megasquirt is hard to beat - but you do get what you pay for, and a standalone is not where you want to skimp.

Syvecs all the way.

Out of interest, why are you wanting a standalone? What other mods do you have?

Emerald K6 is cheap. Anyone have any experience with it?

As they don't have an engine solution for the 2JZ-GTE. I doubt anyone on here has fitted one unless they fitted a 36-1 trigger wheel to the crank pulley. However, I'll have one very soon and Dave at Emerald should be providing me with said bespoke EPS firmware for all versions (GE,GTE and VVTi).

Lyndon.

The ECU is only as good as the map on it...

Consider, access to mapper, cost of mapping, research ECU reliability and manufacturer support (firmware/software upgrades).

I personally would find a mapper and fit what they recommend and are comfortable with.

The ECU is only as good as the map on it...

Consider, access to mapper, cost of mapping, research ECU reliability and manufacturer support (firmware/software upgrades).

I personally would find a mapper and fit what they recommend and are comfortable with.

:iagree: very good advice.