The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT trip gearbox help

Guest vertex boy

Guest vertex boy

Hi guys need some advice last week as i was driving my Toyota Aristo TT jzs161 i came to a roundabout and the whole car started to judder and then car cut off. I restarted and heard a clanking noise from around the gearbox. Anyway i left the car switched off for a while as when i started it and tried putting it in drive it would cut off and then when little cooler managed to drive but when slowing down lots of juddering and clanking noises.

I felt this was at the torque converter what do you guys think ??

I had a spare gearbox and torque converter and changed it today and when in D mode juddering a few times and also when taking off felt like the gear changes were too soon and the auto box was shifting from 1st to 2nd and then third too quick so felt like car was dragging/vibrating.... put in trip mode and all gone not happening on that ... Any ideas people ?? By the way new Type iv toyota ATF was used ....