The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this wheel setup acceptable for a Supra - Rota MXR ?

alex2jz

Hi chaps,

Well, a need of a change in the looks department is bugging me lately. Would like to change my wheels with something more aggressive and the Rota MXR's are really growing on me... Problem is that here in Europe, there is only ONE color and one staggered fitment available :blink:

Fitment :

18 x 9J ET35

18 x 10J ET45

What do you guys think about the offsets? They are a bit uncommon and my concern is that they might affect the look and how the car drives (paranoia). Should i go for them ?

Nice wheel, 45 offset is not great if as you say, you are looking for an aggressive offset. 10" ET 30 would be better but then you would have to roll the rear arches.

Thanks Jamie. I would be satisfied with ET40 or ET35 too as i don't want to roll the arches, but no luck with this wheel i'm afraid... They have more widths and colors for it, but in the US.

nice wheel

Yeah ! I fell in love with it the first time i saw it.

The fronts would sit nearly flush with the wheel arches, the rears would sit around 10mm in from the wheel arches, 18x10 +35 on the rear would be better if available.

Thanks Nic. ET45 and 10J is the only rear option in Europe, unfortunately :( and it's even worse that i'm terrified of spacers...

Edited by alex2jz (see edit history)

et45 will most likely be perfect if you dont want to roll the arches.

So it should be good then ? How about 10mm offset difference between the front and rear, do you have any idea if that could have a negative impact on the car ?

Thanks

Ok guys, the MXR's seems to be kind of unavailable at the moment ...

Now, i'm considering the Rota GTR's ( GTR-D for the rear). What color do you think would suit my car best ? Choices are Gunmetal or Silver with Polished lip. Personally i'm leaning towards gunmetal.

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

i21262.jpg

i18945.jpg

Cheers