The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mkiv Supra.net 2013 Calendar

AndrewOW

After hearing that there may not be a 2013 calendar for the club, I've decided to take it over, and produce it myself.

There will not be a submission thread, as done previously, as I just want your high-resolution photos to look at! :D

Please see below for full instructions.

Categories

There then will be a short round of entries for the 6 categories for everyone to vote on.

Action

Artistic

Events/Groups

Night

Photo-shopped

Scenic

Two photos will be chosen from each category. Any runner ups in those categories that are of decent enough quality will also be considered, and possibly used as well in a lesser form.

No photo-shopped entries allowed in any category except the Photo-shopped one. Minor alterations to hide number plates will be accepted (I can edit photos to do this, so if you require me to do so, then please mention it!).

Time scales

The time scales for this years calendars are;

Submissions in by 1st November

Voting done by 16th November

First batch will be mailed out week commencing 17th December.

Entry requirements

We are still getting some submissions that are totally unsuitable for printing.

To try and reduce the number of unusable entries this year, please make sure any photos you submit are at least 3508px wide and 2480px high, or a minimum of 300dpi (standard press quality).

To take a photo of this resolution requires a minimum of 8 mega-pixels (this also means 'maximum' quality iPhone 4S/Samsung Galaxy S2/3 type images, which will be considered too).

Photos larger than this will be accepted, but photos much smaller than this may be rejected, as I want to minimise pixelation.

How to enter

To enter you need to email me your finest quality photos as attachments to [email protected] with a subject of "Calendar {category} Entry", substituting {category} for a category above, and putting your forum user name in the message body.

If you want to send me multiple photos (not hundreds, but within reason, of course!), then that's fine. I will then sift through them and pick a few that will be put forward for a vote, but my decision on this is final.

What happens next?

Once the deadline for entries is reached, a vote will take place on all accepted entries in each category. The entry with the highest number of votes from each category will go into the calendar (the closest runner ups will also feature, but in a lesser form and depending on image quality too).

How do I get a calendar?

The club will start to take payments for the calendars once the voting has finished. The advantage we have this time, is that I have very good links to a digital printing company. They can print any number on demand, which will mean that I can accept payments, and produce the calendars without the worry of not having enough or too many. Once we've received your payment, you will receive your calendar within a fortnight of your order.

Terms and conditions

Photos must be submitted by 1st November.

Photos must be suitable for the category they are entered into.

Photos must be 3508px wide and 2480px high, or a minimum of 300dpi (standard press quality). 8 mega-pixel camera (iPhone 4S/Galaxy S2/3 quality).

No notification or justification will be given for rejected entries. If your photo doesn't appear in the voting thread then it has been rejected.

There is no limit on the overall number of entries per category.

Each car may only be submitted once per category, but you may submit the same car (but not photo!) in more than one category.

If the same car wins more than one category only one of the photos will be included in the calendar. I will pick which one is included.

The submitter MUST own the copyright of the photo, and the submitter agrees to indemnify the club against any loses or costs incurred as a result of their entry.

The Supras in the photos submitted MUST belong to members of this club.

The photos must be of Supras only. No people or other cars to be in the photo (expect in group photos or action shots).

If you have had your car professionally photographed, please make sure your submissions do not have any logos or graphics stuck on the photos by the photography company, please.

I reserve the right to merge any of the above categories if a category is failing to get submissions.

I reserve the right to change and/or add to these rules without notice.

I reserve the right to cancel the 2013 calendar without notice or justification.

The club's decision on any matter is final.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emailed pics, dont stand a chance with my photography though :D

That's a magnificent car, but the photos are far too low resolution, unfortunately.

I recommend a Canon 450D DSLR or newer with standard kit lens, and an additional 50mm 1:1.18 prime lens. ;)

I'm waiting on a CD with some images, I'll send away when I get them. Great to see this back on the go.

Mitchell, we should do a chairty crusie for your camera fund, this still needs to be done :)

Definitely!

Thats me out then! maybe next year

Even though I cannot use any for a main photo, they are just about good enough for a smaller image, so don't despair just yet. :)

You really should invest in a decent camera, as your car is a real credit to the club, and I'm sure everyone would love to see some good quality photos of it!

Well done Andrew, that's quite a task you've taken on, I've had one over the past years, and it would be a shame to loose it, I don't know how we can encourage more to buy them.

I hope you are entering one of your latest pictures, with the low level spoiler on.

Well done Andrew, that's quite a task you've taken on, I've had one over the past years, and it would be a shame to loose it, I don't know how we can encourage more to buy them.

I hope you are entering one of your latest pictures, with the low level spoiler on.

I sure will, but I want to take some photos in a different venue to previous, so will wait for the right moment. :)

Oh and Andrew, top job taking over this, I always buy 2 calendars every year so will be great to keep the Supra Calendar going.

I just hope people will send me their photos, then I can get this sorted. There's plenty of time yet, but it soon goes.

I don't have a problem doing it, as long as I get some high resolution photos to have a look at! ;)

Okay, I'll get some to you... Oh you mean Supra related photo's? :D

I do have a couple, I'll get them to you once I get on the laptop. :)