The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Detailing- Wheel cleaning products??

Rob_Mitchell

Hey guys. I have recently purchased some mint trafficstar wheels and i want them to remain mint. I have been looking at this little package on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BILBERRY-Wheel-Cleaner-POORBOYS-Wheel-Sealant-Brush-Finger-Mitt-Cloth-Applicator-/110892083770?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item19d1aeea3a

Is there a really decent spray to apply to wheels before i use the poorboys sealant other than the one in this kit? interested in what you guys use but i dont want to damage the wheels in anyway, i know some sprays contain acid and to me thats a big no no.

I have noticed that at some show and shines i attend that some people use a pinky colour spray which they spray on the rims??

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Bilberry is good but get ths dilution right. I would go 1:10 for sensitive wheels and do not allow it to dry!

for wheel sealants poor boys is good, chemical guys do one and there is a choice of nano sealants as well like Wolfs rim sheiks or Gtechnic.

As above Bilberry is a great cleaner but it's the dilution that will do the damage if it's too strong.

As for a sealant as the wheels are quite special I'd be tempted use this on them:

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c5-wheel-armour/

The dirt just doesn't like staying on the wheels lol, I'm testing this as well at the mo and is showing some promising results:

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/exo-ultra-durable-hybrid-coating/

Yeah exactly mate. I dont want to put anything on them, as i dont want to damage or mark them

What I do if the wheels have only a little bit of dirt on is have a little bit of shampoo (that doesn't remove the protection) and water mixed up into a spray bottle.

are you really going to get them that dirty , just use what you clean the car with , thats all i ever use on my TTEs , and do them on a regular basis no need for acids

No i doubt they will but i like them looking mint and bling bling. Brake dust has increased now with the bigger brakes, so i need a decent sealant to help

For protection go for the gtechnic c5 it's awesome stuff, don't be put off by the price it's great. Just remember less is more with that stuff.

For cleaning I'd use the bilberry as others have said as well.

On a side note for shows you go to, and what to give her a last touch up, look up optimum no rinse. It's great stuff that will prevent you scratching the paint if you have unseen dirt bits on the paint. They all rave about it and have hight praise on the detailing forum, so I got some and find it one of the best products to use at a show.