The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does my stereo and windows switches look correct..... ?

linconhawk

Hey all,

Couple of silly questions....

Im sure they are all correct, but just wanted to make sure.....

Pic of my stereo.... does it look fitted correctly ? its just there is a gap around the stereo, showing the metal bracket things behind..... or should it have a plastic surround cliped to it ???

My driver and passenger door window switch panels.... Drivers one is plastic, passenger's has a leather finish... Im sure this is correct, but just wanted to make sure....

Also, im going to be getting my dash panels sprayed soon by my local body shop.... Do, I also get the drivers door switch panel sprayed to match and leave the passenger one leather... ? will that look odd... ?

Cheers...

DSC_0003 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

Head unit should have a plastic trim around it however they don't always fit so people remove them like yours, switches look fine, if your painting dash panels you need to remove the rubber coating before you prep and spray which is a total nightmare.... I used IPA which I got off eBay, also if your spraying them black I found I got glare off them reflecting the sun.

Head unit should have a plastic trim around it however they don't always fit so people remove them like yours, switches look fine, if your painting dash panels you need to remove the rubber coating before you prep and spray which is a total nightmare.... I used IPA which I got off eBay, also if your spraying them black I found I got glare off them reflecting the sun.

What do you mean by they dont always fit.... ? Yeah I know about the rubber coating stuff..... My body shop will deal with that problem... he he...

Was going to go with a dark grey colour....

What do you mean by they dont always fit.... ? Yeah I know about the rubber coating stuff..... My body shop will deal with that problem... he he...

Was going to go with a dark grey colour....

I think he means get it done in a satin or matt finish