The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it worth breaking a TT6?

Stu-R

As you might know ive got my supra up for sale but if its not going to shift anytime soon i might break it.

what sort of money does an engine and gearbox go for?

and is it worth while breaking it?

ive done it before on several other cars just not sure on the value of alot of supra bits

cheers

stu

Possible for you to get more money by stripping but how many people actually calculate the time it takes?

Example if it takes almost 3 months worth of work is it worth the extra £1k or so you gain?

Are you after a quick sale?

Possible for you to get more money by stripping but how many people actually calculate the time it takes?

Example if it takes almost 3 months worth of work is it worth the extra £1k or so you gain?

Are you after a quick sale?

Hard to say isn't it matey. Depends on the individuals circumstances, like you say. Time, space, how quickly you need the cash.

For someone with no off street parking they don't have much of a choice.

your is a nice example to be fair! but ida thought unless your car is loaded with rare/sought after parts that people will jump at your gonna be left with alot of standard gear that people dont really want. you'll sell the engine n box easy id thought, same as wheels, bodykit etc. just the normal bits might be hard to shift

your is a nice example to be fair! but ida thought unless your car is loaded with rare/sought after parts that people will jump at your gonna be left with alot of standard gear that people dont really want. you'll sell the engine n box easy id thought, same as wheels, bodykit etc. just the normal bits might be hard to shift

I think he'd shift alot of it because times are tough for alot of people and alot of people cant afford new parts from Toyota.

Then they shouldnt buy Supras. 40 grand cars have 40 gramd running costs. Just saying.

But supras are not that expensive to buy. Its just the parts these days.

New turbos from Toyota are £2200 INC VAT!!!

Good condition 2nd hand j-specs from the forum can be picked up for £250.

But supras are not that expensive to buy. Its just the parts these days.

New turbos from Toyota are £2200 INC VAT!!!

Good condition 2nd hand j-specs from the forum can be picked up for £250.

If it is a shaggy one then true, but think swampy is referring to a performance car is going to be more costly than one that isn't.

It is a decision you make when you buy a car.

Example a lot of people on the forum could buy a TVR but could they 'afford' to actually run it.

** Sorry for going off topic **

Its getting off topic but Im saying these performance Jap cars, Supras, Soarers, Aristos etc were a lot of cash new, (V8 active Soarer was nearly 90 grand) and have associated running costs. If you would rather buy a Halfords oil filter than a Toyota one etc maybe a Corsa is for you. Crank pulleys is the case in point.

I honestly think you would struggle to get near the £12k price you are looking for even if you broke her. I reckon in the current financial climate you would really need to be marketing this car of yours nearer the £10k mark, as not everyone is going to like the styling.

All IMO

Yup abz just need it gone to get a deposit sorted. I don't want to break it it's a lovely car but end of the day I need the money so if I had to break it I would.

What would people seriously value this car at? Would you say its over priced just now?

Personally i reckon the car should be priced around the 10.5k mark, that is only due to the fact the kit is a bit of a Marmite mod. But having said that if you can wait someone may love it and bite your arm off.

One thing though didnt I see jurgen say a while back he would buy it back off you? maybe this is an option you could explore

If you do break i could be interested in the full tt6 set up.