The mkiv Supra Owners Club

turbo advice needed pleaseeee

tkddav3

hi peeps. as the supra is going in for a new exhaust manifold and to have the turbo checked out (as recomended by paul) as the turbine might be rubbing on the housing.

a mate of mine (same fella who asked me about gatebil) has a freind whos selling a Borg warner s371r turbo, low milage as its off a drag del sol civic.

the fella's after £800 quid for it, on his it made 660bhp @1.1 bar and the car ran 9's from a 1.9l

has anyone used this turbo before? is it any good, how does it spool, £800 a good price? just any info would be greatly appreciated!

sorry for being a newb but im just not to clued up on the turbo side of stuff.

thanks guys :)

Id rather have the T04z refurbished if it was me, why do you think the blades are rubbing on the housing?

And whats wrong with the manifold?

cheers jamie, to be honest i was thinking the same thing. paul and darren said thats what it sounds like when listening under the bonnet. i believe the turbo has been on there a few years so probably wouldnt hurt it being checked atleast. well the manifold is still blowing even after having the gasket changed (as ive been told) so possibly could be cracked, and again ive been told that welds are really only a temp fix so if thats the case ill bite the bullet and chuck on a whifbitz mani

hi peeps. as the supra is going in for a new exhaust manifold and to have the turbo checked out (as recomended by paul) as the turbine might be rubbing on the housing.

a mate of mine (same fella who asked me about gatebil) has a freind whos selling a Borg warner s371r turbo, low milage as its off a drag del sol civic.

the fella's after £800 quid for it, on his it made 660bhp @1.1 bar and the car ran 9's from a 1.9l

has anyone used this turbo before? is it any good, how does it spool, £800 a good price? just any info would be greatly appreciated!

sorry for being a newb but im just not to clued up on the turbo side of stuff.

thanks guys :)

Would be interesting to see how that turbo performs - But im a doofus so i have no clue what would be the best thing to do. Does sound like a decent price for a turbo though :)

Would be interesting to see how that turbo performs - But im a doofus so i have no clue what would be the best thing to do. Does sound like a decent price for a turbo though :)

same here fella. the price seems fair enough but i dont know that much about differences in turbos. and the car runs great with the T04z...and i dont wanna have to get the map played about with for very little gain if any bud!

same here fella. the price seems fair enough but i dont know that much about differences in turbos. and the car runs great with the T04z...and i dont wanna have to get the map played about with for very little gain if any bud!

You wanna try keep the spend to a minimum bud - Which im sure is hard lol. Just take your time and get some advice before you make up your mind :).

You wanna try keep the spend to a minimum bud - Which im sure is hard lol. Just take your time and get some advice before you make up your mind :).

yerrrr! but i wanna do it properly so not gonna skimp :) thats why i made this thread you fool!