The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alright people.

Ryy

Just thought I'd introduce myself, First of all, I'm Ryan, I'm 16.

Been looking through this forum for quiet a while, Some awesome Project reads on here, I've spent hours reading through them. Hopefully one day I'll have a supra of my own :),

Thanks lads

Ryan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for warm welcome guys, Been a Supra nut since along time ago, Think it was when the First fast and furious came out, I fell in love, and wanted one ever since!:D, Be a pain getting one insured, but then i guess, if i have to wait till i'm 21 then i'll wait;)

Ry

Welcome buddy. Sad to say you have along wait but will allow you to learn the car inside out and find a perfect example. Insurance is a pain but ive had mine 8 months and 2 days and im still 20 :D

Exactly mate, I'll be learning very soon. Been taking practice lessons with my dad etc, Just to get used to everything before hand. Don't think they'd insure me at 17 with a supra lmao!

Exactly mate, I'll be learning very soon. Been taking practice lessons with my dad etc, Just to get used to everything before hand. Don't think they'd insure me at 17 with a supra lmao!

Start saving for a UK Spec TT. Insurance is actually cheaper than a J Spec NA

You were 14 when you were buying a shell & joined the forum? :blink:

Welcome to the club by the way, shame your not old enough to get access to the adult section lol, so what has you interested in a supra ? Have you seen a movie or one about that's made you want one ?

Basically, To cut along story short, i can just remember driving down motorway in my dads old Micra when i was a young un' and a supra flown passed us, and from that day and from seeing one of the F&F. I wanted to own one lol.

Nice looking cars there mate, Your lucky to have those at your age, Defo wouldn't mind one myself;)

More than the car is worth kid. Have you ever seen a 17yr old driving a supra? No? Theres a good reason for it. Not an ideal first car imo even the back end of an N/A can catch you out, and with no/very little experience, it would just end badly.

even the back end of an N/A can catch you out, and with no/very little experience, it would just end badly.

It caught me out last week in the dry. Not a car for a new driver. IMO go FF cheap hatchback, then either MR (MR2 NA for example) or a low power FR like an MK1 MX-5 to learn about rear wheel power, then onto a S13,S14 or Supra

Thanks a lot for reply lads, And nope never seen a 17 year old driving a supra ( would love to be the first tho ;) ), I would probs choose between a starlet or like you say a mr2 for first car, and drool over your lots supra on here:d,

To be honest, Can't wait for the day i get my hands on a supra, I'll be like a little kid at Christmas :D.

Thanks a lot for reply lads, And nope never seen a 17 year old driving a supra ( would love to be the first tho ;) ), I would probs choose between a starlet or like you say a mr2 for first car, and drool over your lots supra on here:d,

To be honest, Can't wait for the day i get my hands on a supra, I'll be like a little kid at Christmas :D.

Best advice is to come to meets and get to know everyone once you can drive. Nobody cares what car you turn up in. Meets are all about the banter :)

Best advice is to come to meets and get to know everyone once you can drive. Nobody cares what car you turn up in. Meets are all about the banter :)

Will defiantly be at the meet's once i pass my driving lesson, Hopefully make some good friends along the way :)