The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota having price policy changes?

Chris Wilson

Just come to order some turbo hoses for a TT MKIV and there have been some price changes, see the parts extract below, the little S shaped hose to the stock BOV is now £88, yes eighty eight pounds... Don't worry Keelan, i didn't order it.... Will have to see if I can cut it from some heater hose or similar. Blimey!! At this rate there are going to be a lot of scrap MKIV's around soon.

You only just realised Chris! :D Toyota's prices change all the time, seems when they feel like it! ive noticed 5 changes this year already... very annoying as i have a list of prices and when i go to order something i ran out of stock on, chances are the price has changed again! Worst co. ive ever had to deal with regarding price changes....

actually toyota have cocked up on this chris! that part no refers to the bottom right 90 degree elbow too. (no1)

the part no's you need are: 17344 46040 and 17349 46010 priced at 12+vat and 17.93 plus vat (retail) these are the 2 stock rubber pipes off the bov.... ;)

i had a good onr from toyota cardiff. i rang for oem front dropklinks using the toyota part mumber online and a pair was £66+ then i found the mk3 rear droplinks are the same as the mk4 fronts. i rang up again and orderd the par for £11+ they arrved in a box marked with the mk4 front part number i originally asked for..... jackasses

i had a good onr from toyota cardiff. i rang for oem front dropklinks using the toyota part mumber online and a pair was £66+ then i found the mk3 rear droplinks are the same as the mk4 fronts. i rang up again and orderd the par for £11+ they arrved in a box marked with the mk4 front part number i originally asked for..... jackasses

you are joking?! i paid 65 for a front droplink just last week... :(

Just come to order some turbo hoses for a TT MKIV and there have been some price changes, see the parts extract below, the little S shaped hose to the stock BOV is now £88, yes eighty eight pounds... Don't worry Keelan, i didn't order it.... Will have to see if I can cut it from some heater hose or similar. Blimey!! At this rate there are going to be a lot of scrap MKIV's around soon.

:faint:

actually toyota have cocked up on this chris! that part no refers to the bottom right 90 degree elbow too. (no1)

the part no's you need are: 17344 46040 and 17349 46010 priced at 12+vat and 17.93 plus vat (retail) these are the 2 stock rubber pipes off the bov.... ;)

That's more like it, thanks for your help Keron.

It's just a piece of rubber tube

I wish it was, unfortunately its S shaped. Mr Wilson can fabricate the straight pieces out of spare hose, but you can't bend straight hose without kinking - especially the tight S hoses.

Can't find that number on my EPC, wonder what's happening here then? Thanks Keron, that does indeed sound more like it, I'll make a note of that number, cheers. Number I cited appears to be for "Air hose" which sounds right and points to the correct thing. Cheers. Will order up.

:thumbs: Cheers Chris. I sent you an email this morning with some info regarding the extra jobs to do. Can't wait to get her back, didn't think I would miss driving her so much.

I wish it was, unfortunately its S shaped. Mr Wilson can fabricate the straight pieces out of spare hose, but you can't bend straight hose without kinking - especially the tight S hoses.

Can't you do something similar to how copper pipe is bent into shape? Using a coil inside the pipe while bending it to stop if from deforming?

Can't you do something similar to how copper pipe is bent into shape? Using a coil inside the pipe while bending it to stop if from deforming?

Maybe, I'm no expert but by say lightly heating (boiling water) and putting an insert to get it to keep its shape it may stay bent after its cooled. But the proximity to the engine's heat and vibration would probably initiate a 'memory' effect in the hose and it would try to go back to its original form and cause a kink at the bends, reducing flow rate. I think S hoses are moulded to there finished shape at the factory. Especially as they contain reinforcing strands to deal with the pressure these hoses are put under.

It would be fine on malleable (sp?) metals such as copper as they have no memory and since rigid will stay in there bent form. Anyway im sure Chris will get it sorted.

May be worth people checking there hoses and hose clips. As I'm seeing so many threads where boost pressures/coolant have been lost and I'm sure a lot of the reasons why are the age of these parts have led to them failing.

I remember when the power steering pipes went on the NA. Toyota wanted something like £40 for a small piece of rubber. Went to a local hose company and they matched the specification for £6..!!

The car never had any problems after that.

H.

It's just a piece of rubber tube

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying £18 is a bargain price by any stretch of the imagination, I was saying that's more like what I would expect of 'oem Toyota parts from Toyota' to cost...

Rubber hosing is rubber hosing price until you stamp Toyota onto it.

This was handy to see as I'm just about to order these two hoses my self due to them going hard and letting boost pressure out of them