The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift indicators fitted

Josh

Fitted these this evening (whilst the football was on, sorry to the footie fans :D). The headlights and loom plugs/clips were a pain to keep getting on and off, but they work perfectly.

Anyone that's fitted these noticed, if removing the extra bolt that points towards the middle of the bumper, that when fitted, they pull the bumper a bit and hang a few mm down at the front? Put some double sided sticky foam at the top and they sit perfectly now :)

Sorry for the crappy pics, but it was about 10pm once I'd finished.

Before;

During;

After;

The mesh should be going in at the weekend if it's not raining.

how long did it take you to do it and how much did the looms cost ?

It took me about 3 hours, but I was messing about. If I did it again, I reckon it'd take about an hour and a half.

Thanks to RA28 off here, I got connectors from eBay. So much cheaper than Toyota looms at £60 or whatever they cost. These only cost about £10 for all 4, but took about 2 weeks to come.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180654624349

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250900389651

I unplugged the drivers indicator, cut the plug off the indicator side then used connectors to join the bulbs' 4 wires to the 2 on there. Passenger side, there are no plugs so just snipped the wire and joined the new indicator with connectors to the wire.

Luckily my Dad was about to give me the idea to use connectors rather than soldering. Somehow I always seem to burn myself or something else :D

Big improvement :thumbs:

Now get yourself some coilovers and lower your car :D Personally, I think it'll be a cracking looking car once it's lowered, as you've nice wheels, but they look lost at the minute!

Definitely :)

Lowered (probably just with Eibach springs) and maybe a 10mm spacer on the rear to push it out a bit :)

Definitely :)

Lowered (probably just with Eibach springs) and maybe a 10mm spacer on the rear to push it out a bit :)

It'll be perfect once that's done.

I had eibach springs on my supra and recently on my m3 (daily), for me the ride is just too harsh. On anything but motorways it ruins the ride quality. It made the supra quite a bit more skittish and unsettled on B roads aswell and took away my confidence in the car. I got a set of BC coilovers instead. They are a budget coilover, but a big improvement.

Food for thought perhaps Josh! Ill have a look tomorrow to see if my mate has my springs in his shed still. They're no good to me, so you can have them if they're still around (just cover postage). I'll find out for you tomorrow. Will do you until you get money together for coilovers :thumbs:

It'll be perfect once that's done.

I had eibach springs on my supra and recently on my m3 (daily), for me the ride is just too harsh. On anything but motorways it ruins the ride quality. It made the supra quite a bit more skittish and unsettled on B roads aswell and took away my confidence in the car. I got a set of BC coilovers instead. They are a budget coilover, but a big improvement.

Food for thought perhaps Josh! Ill have a look tomorrow to see if my mate has my springs in his shed still. They're no good to me, so you can have them if they're still around (just cover postage). I'll find out for you tomorrow. Will do you until you get money together for coilovers :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice and the offer :)

If you could check then let me know, that would be great! Thank you :thumbs: