The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 1999 TT6 VVTi Progress thread

spikedjack

So after a long 4 month wait after a bad accident in my supra (cat c write off after some dizzy cow head on'd me at 50mph) i finally got my new car :D

With nothing on the market i liked, the obvious choice was to get Jurgen and the JM imports lot to import me a fresh one :)

long story short anyway, i went this saturday on the long 500mile round trip to fetch her and wasted no time on modifying :)

here she is outside JM-imports:

She's a 1999 RZ VVT-i twin turbo six speed manual with only 71,000km on the clock (about 44,000 miles?) with only one owner from new in japan and full service history :)

Stock bar:

Work emotion CR-kai wheels 18x9.5 et 38 and 18x8.5 et32

TRD strut brace

TRD rad cap

TRD speedo

HID headlights

RSR - Magic Exhaust

Optional boot liner

Pure sport mats

Here she is once i'd got her home:

As soon as she was back, i started messing as i just couldnt help it!

The only downfall to the car was that the drivers Recaroseat was ripped, however i knew about this while it was in japan so sorted a replacement set rather than having them trimmed (i strangely prefer cloth thats why) so swapped these out when i got back

Old left: New right:

i then set about the task of ripping out the unwanted electrics (turbo timer, satnav, telephone, old alarm system, GPS antennas, jap trackers etc etc):

I then installed my Pioneer headunit and ipod dock (in the arm rest), SARD boost gauge, and Greddy PROFEC B II boost controller (not plumbed yet waiting for BPU)

The suspension was the next job as she was far too high and wallowy soft in the bends so purchased some HSD coilovers a few weeks back awaiting its arrival.

REAS off, HSD's on:

Nice and low without any rubbing

Then finally when home tonight, i dewipered:

OVER the moon with it, absolutely made up. Cannot thank Jurgen and the lads enough for everthing they did, they are an absolute credit to themselves and the forum, fully reccommended!

I had them underseal the car upon arival so thats a job off the list!

Next up is:

Full Fast road geo set up (tomorrow morning)

BPU (just waiting on exhaust gaskets) all parts are awaiting fitment (greddy boost limit cut controller, greddy profec BII, Chris wilson VVTI primary decat, Whifbitz secondary decat, Walbro, Maimi GT side mount intercooler, NGK plugs).

MVP/Wings west/RMM front lip (purchased in group buy)

s2k ariel (purchased in the group buy)

I guess i'll use this as my progress thread i suppose, as i intend to have this car a good while :)

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by spikedjack (see edit history)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great example of a Supra, i am falling in love with red supra's. where are you getting the fast road geo done mate?

also what are the hsds like?

I've done about 15miles on them so far (didnt want to do much till the geo was sorted) and they seem fantastic even on the softest setting (have to run them soft to run them in for a few hundred miles)

The Geo will be done at A-Line in dudley west mids, they set up the Porsche 911 cup cars and all the driftworks bunch's cars so seem a good candidate :)

Nice car, Jack.. even if it *is* red ;)

Love the CR-Kais, but can't help but think you should get a second pair in 18x10.5 and switch the 9.5s to the front :D

Funny you say that as it was something discussed earlier :)

haha thanks dude, its lovely just feels a little underpowered at the moments at stock power, but a strong BPU+ should solve this once the gaskets are here :)