The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decent example on Pistonheads, Anyone's from the forum?

Chris Bailey

not so. i run a fine mesh instead of a silly airfliter on all my turbo cars. on the dyno my turbo gained 300 rpm of spooltime and anthing small enough to get through would be vapourised on ignition anyway.

edit; the mesh i use looks somewhat finer than that

not so. i run a fine mesh instead of a silly airfliter on all my turbo cars. on the dyno my turbo gained 300 rpm of spooltime and anthing small enough to get through would be vapourised on ignition anyway.

edit; the mesh i use looks somewhat finer than that

Lol, i saw the inside of one of your IC pipes at SRR, full of metal shavings, your engine was eating itself.

Bad idea to run without a decent filter imo.

Lol, i saw the inside of one of your IC pipes at SRR, full of metal shavings, your engine was eating itself.

Bad idea to run without a decent filter imo.

wasnt eating itself , that engine is still running beutifully. that was where the young lad didnt file / clean the freshly cut ic pipe. before fitting up. he had a good boloking

edit, the car had a "proper filter" then too it was from that session with ryan on the following weekend he sugested the mesh as the filter was restricting the turbo

Looks tired tatty and poorly put together, T88 is as old as dirt and laggy as a laggy thing, gauges stuck on the dash, would you really part with 14.5k for that, you are really misguided, I would not touch it

Sorry if it's a members car but as the OP states it's a decent example I had to comment

Ive seen James willday run an 8.8 quater mile with a T88 turbo on his RX7 :eyebrows: - I must admit its not the tidyist of supras but still a decent example, Ive seen much worse. Im not a massive fan of all the gauges

Ive seen James willday run an 8.8 quater mile with a T88 turbo on his RX7 :eyebrows: - I must admit its not the tidyist of supras but still a decent example, Ive seen much worse. Im not a massive fan of all the gauges

I did not say it was not powerful, I am sure you have a lot of experience of the T88, I ran one on my 2.7 stroker R32, was very powerful but took an age to come on boost and was therefore a poor street car, very old turbo technology

I did not say it was not powerful, I am sure you have a lot of experience of the T88, I ran one on my 2.7 stroker R32, was very powerful but took an age to come on boost and was therefore a poor street car, very old turbo technology

Im only saying what ive seen! Chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks tired tatty and poorly put together, T88 is as old as dirt and laggy as a laggy thing, gauges stuck on the dash, would you really part with 14.5k for that, you are really misguided, I would not touch it

Sorry if it's a members car but as the OP states it's a decent example I had to comment

:yeahthat:

Has all the warning signs of a car that's going to need £££ chucking at it.

wasnt eating itself , that engine is still running beutifully. that was where the young lad didnt file / clean the freshly cut ic pipe. before fitting up. he had a good boloking

edit, the car had a "proper filter" then too it was from that session with ryan on the following weekend he sugested the mesh as the filter was restricting the turbo

There are all sorts of things that will be fine enough to pass through a mesh filter but still wreak havoc in your engine and especially your turbo bearings. Air filters also reduce moisture intake, which in itself is going to cause all manner of problems with everything between your intake and the combustion chamber.

Ive seen the results of this first hand on a Mercedes s600 TT engine, and it wasn't pretty.

Possibly.

Or..... a single turbo owner who's not a member of the mkiv owners club looking to sell?

Heaven forfend!

Wether he's a member or not, the car looks like its been modified by a hamfisted individual, and it looks like its received very little love in a very long time. Hardly a way to sell an expensive Supra.