The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back in the fold

letmeshowyou

So, after several years away from Supra ownership, I've finally got another. Picked up a nice silver 97 RZ-S the other day (pretty much bog stock), and whereas I'd said I was dead against silver, being facelift it's grown on me already! Few jobs to do before it will be on the road, so it may not make Supra Pod, but I'll definitely be there anyway :)

Will try and get a few pics up later; the car is shockingly dirty, and having shut my thumb in the door on Friday night, I didn't really feel up to cleaning yesterday.

So the ultimate plan is stock body, big wheels, and a bit of tuning. Wheel recommendations please :)

So, after several years away from Supra ownership, I've finally got another. Picked up a nice silver 97 RZ-S the other day (pretty much bog stock), and whereas I'd said I was dead against silver, being facelift it's grown on me already! Few jobs to do before it will be on the road, so it may not make Supra Pod, but I'll definitely be there anyway :)

Will try and get a few pics up later; the car is shockingly dirty, and having shut my thumb in the door on Friday night, I didn't really feel up to cleaning yesterday.

So the ultimate plan is stock body, big wheels, and a bit of tuning. Wheel recommendations please :)

Looking forward to pics :) facelift transforms silver cars IMO, more so than any other colour.

Thanks for the comments guys, pics later for definite :)

BPU is definitely on the cards, but perhaps not as swiftly as I'd initially intended. It's so nice as it is it might have to stay that way for a little while. Initial cleaning has revealed it once had a body kit (veilside judging by it) and I'm leaning towards CCW's too (though not sure who could supply me some as yet).

I love the CCW's however I never understand that a wheel that is designed especially for the supra needs a spacer to fit them, seem stupid imo. IIRC it only applies when using the bigger 4pot brakes but still.

However they are one of the nicest wheels you can buy, but as far as I no there is no UK suplier you have to import.

the number has been mine for 6 years now Dean, and as far as I know in dvla posession before that, so you prob remember it from my black car! I'll look in to this spacer thing on the CCW's and let you know :)

and thanks on the tidy comment. It needs a few bits done to be perfect, but it's definitely a good starting point!

I've fallen in love with the wheels in the first stock bodied Supra thread, having become un-decided if CCW's suit silver, these:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/527152ed.jpg

http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/wheelcollection/ADV10DC.php

Annoyingly they haven't mailed me back yet :(

MVP was having a sale on these a few months back, and I enquired the pricing.

18" ADV10 TS

Retail $9548

Your price $6700 shipped to the lower 48

They're nice, but not that nice.