The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone using water injection systems on there singles?

wallis

Just ordered my AEM 5 gallon water injection system and wondered if anyones running it with there current set ups?

Interested to know how people got on, seems a big thing in the states with some good 10-25% gains overall!!

I'm not quite sure why it's not used more often from what researching I've done lately for keeping EGTs down and condensing the air's intake?

Really interested to know peoples thoughts on this any imput good or bad ;-)

I tried it when i had a 67mm turbo, it never seemed to make any difference to anything so i removed it, (still got it in the garage i think) the bigger singles dont seem to suffer with high EGT's or AIT's, seems to only be a problem for stock based twins or very small singles.

I tried it when i had a 67mm turbo, it never seemed to make any difference to anything so i removed it, (still got it in the garage i think) the bigger singles dont seem to suffer with high EGT's or AIT's, seems to only be a problem for stock based twins or very small singles.

Yeah defiantly true mate, but seems a good option for me for added cooling, I've got my nos kit in the garage, even thinking of getting the intercooler jetted up to kool that down to help me on higher boost settings......lol

Thought you were meant to be selling that car to save money :p

Oh its hopefully got a new home already, I'm just giving her the sending off she deserves dan ;-)

ive got the AEM system and again never could tell when it worked or not.

Yeah Its only Ryan that will tell me if it's done anything ;-)

I would have though the free flowing 3" decat pipe you are fitting will aid your EGT's no end, water injection might not be required, considering the expense I would have done that first and check the results

Yeah I did think that mate, but Ryan suggested it so I'm guessing he thinks it's going to aid on higher boost levels.

Im fitting the basic kit myself costing around £350 and Ash is just fitting the injector so it's not too bad cost wise as a back up if the new decat section doesn't quite get the EGTs right down to where they need to be!

It's only $150 for the exhaust piece so I'm not spending much really to get it right.

Edited by wallis (see edit history)

Well ive just had an email from eBay about the AEM water injection kit, saying don't send any payments to the seller blar de blar!!

Was just about to try and order another one for £40 more, but maybe it's not a good idea then from the sounds of it....maybe a blessing in disguise ;-)

Cheers for the feed back might save some penny's and forget about it unless Ryan thinks it will work!

I think you are expecting to much saying it will get the egt's right down, myself and others have used it without any effect to egt's at all, I'd keep the £350 myself.

I'm betting my left festival that the HKS decat should sort out the restriction problem and EGTs mainly, it was only really from the advise of Ryan and a bonus if it did help to give me extra safe boost!

First thing to check would be the egt and ait to see if its required. only high compression engines should use it as a safeguard and considering you wont directly gain any power lowering your temps should only be based around what actuaal temps are reading.