The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New 400 lph walbro

mellonman

i just see this on the bay looks to be very intresting and easy to fitt compaired to the bocsh 044 what say you mkivsupra.net

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Walbro-High-Pressure-400lph-In-tank-Fuel-Pump-Fitting-kit-Toyota-1jz-2jz-supra-/180758318552?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a16090dd8

it can also be found in the uk on other sites for £140.

ftw or is it bocsh still ftw

"This pump is a great solution for high fuel requirement turbocharged cars >500hp and anyone looking to make big power and run high boost with a simple fuel system where the 255 won't suffice.

This much fuel flow is not meant for use on engines

Which wires did I cross? :)

It may heat the fuel due to encountering flow restrictions in a system adequate for 400bhp?

Maybe it's also to do with the frequency of the fuel delivery. If the flow is reduced the frequency may cause issues with fuel delivery from the injectors (wild guess)

So when your idling or in slow traffic not making 400+bhp is the pump then no longer suitable for your set up?

Lyndon.

guys im sure that they have one of the the wrong way

"This pump is a great solution for high fuel requirement turbocharged cars GREATER TAN 500hp and anyone looking to make big power and run high boost with a simple fuel system where the 255 won't suffice,This much fuel flow is not meant for use on engines GREATER THAN 400hp."

i think its ment to read like that

So was mine, but yours sounds much more convincing!:)

Damn you Noz, damn you to Cornwall!

Cornwall, that was a bit below the belt ;)

I was purely guessing, and to be fair, I think I should write childrens stories as it was a load of tosh being logical about it considering flow at traffic won't be pushing 400bhp! Back to bed I go.

guys im sure that they have one of the the wrong way

"This pump is a great solution for high fuel requirement turbocharged cars GREATER TAN 500hp and anyone looking to make big power and run high boost with a simple fuel system where the 255 won't suffice,This much fuel flow is not meant for use on engines GREATER THAN 400hp."

i think its ment to read like that

Wow, you managed to make something that made hardly any sense, make no sense at all. :p

So to clarify its good for cars over 500hp but not good for cars over 400hp. I assume from this that its all good under 400hp and over 500hp, but can't be used on anything 400-500hp?

• 3 weeks later...