The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Massive thx to Ash at Garage 786 and Ryan G for sorting the car ;-)

wallis

Well what turned out to be an interesting morning to say the least, turned out very nice!!

Ryan finally got to the bottom off the original gear box problem, which was a faulty throttle body (nut missing from the tps) so the car thought it was doing 3000rpm when it was prob doing 7000rpm between gear changes.

So well done for saving my new gearbox mate!

To start with I thought it was to much power, then a local garage said the gearbox only had half the fluid in it, looks like everyone was wrong it was just a nut!

So anyway Ash stripped parts from his own car to sort this (new throttle body)

Then Ash ended up having to give Ryan his own AEM Series 2 to fit to my car, along with his sensors and part harness!!

What a legend that's all I can say, poor Ash's car looks like someone must of burgled it in the end, top bloke!

So after a few shinanigans this morning, Ryan finally got sorted and got the car mapped with great results!

After the road test Ryan said it drives like stock with instant spool and loads of torque.

The car produced over 520ftlb of torque and over 500bhp, Ryan safely mapped it down to 477bhp @ 1.2 bar for now with 500ftlb of torque!

After speaking to Ryan and Ash yesterday they think with a few tweaks on the Exhaust system and methanol injection to keep the EGT's down at the top end, this set up could be good for a fair few more horses to get it towards the

550-600bhp mark, which is pretty impressive for a tiny turbo!

I'll get the new dyno graph up as soon as I get it with a few dyno run vids too!

Overall I'm over the moon with the results and can't wait to pick it up saturday morning.

Tomorrow Ash is finishing off the new brakes and she's finished.

Thx again guys for sorting my car out, can't recommend Ash at garage 786 enough, your car really is in safe hands with him and with Ryan mapping u always know your in the best hands!!

Edited by wallis (see edit history)

Youve got a lady already ellis? you old dog;) Im about Matt, if you want me of course lol

Lol....I always want u big lad ;-)

Yeah defo on for next weekend then, I'll call lee as well and see if anybody else is up for a mini meet next Saturday ;-)

Well done to Ellis for getting his leg over ;-)

Edited by wallis (see edit history)