The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear headlight lenses

Supra Gaz

So, having trawelled through many old threads using the good old search button i still have no idea where to look. :(

I am after a set of clear headlight lenses, i dont want face-lift headlights as they havnt got the small side light bit in them and i have a pre-facelift Do-Luck bumper for my car. :eyebrows:

Any idea where to get them?

Muchos gracias :)

Ive done just about every light/lens combo you can have with lights,

Clear lenses - They dont come up very often at all dude, think a member used to make them, then the mold was sold, someone else made them, then all went quiet... occationally a pair than no-one has started to fit or anything comes up for sale, but i dont think there are any retail shops in th uk at least that sell them.

AB-Flug sell a clear lens but you have to import it and its not cheap considering you have to then construct them yourself.

I had a set once and you had to trim the lens itself out of the "mold" it was in - challenge and PITA 1

Then I had to get the lip that sits in the housing to attach to the lens all the way around and watertight -PITA 2

If you dont want leaks left right and center = moisture & condensation in your light *personally I wouldnt go that route again (or at all in your case)..

The other way is to "de-line" your pre-facelift lights - involves sanding all the lines out of the lens, then wet sanding up and up the grades until its clear, then more compount and cutting compounds, t-cut etc.

- agin a veeeeery long process, not at all fun but does get them pretty clear at the end of the process. I have a thread about me doing this somewhere if you wanna look for it.

3. Facelift lens on your pre-facelift housing. - Personally what I would do if you wanna keep your sidelight, the facelift lenses are pretty much clear, look brilliant when cleaned up and seal watertight (most the time) my personal reccomendation would be that approach dude. :thumbs:

b;3424048']Ive done just about every light/lens combo you can have with lights,

Clear lenses - They dont come up very often at all dude, think a member used to make them, then the mold was sold, someone else made them, then all went quiet... occationally a pair than no-one has started to fit or anything comes up for sale, but i dont think there are any retail shops in th uk at least that sell them.

AB-Flug sell a clear lens but you have to import it and its not cheap considering you have to then construct them yourself.

I had a set once and you had to trim the lens itself out of the "mold" it was in - challenge and PITA 1

Then I had to get the lip that sits in the housing to attach to the lens all the way around and watertight -PITA 2

If you dont want leaks left right and center = moisture & condensation in your light *personally I wouldnt go that route again (or at all in your case)..

The other way is to "de-line" your pre-facelift lights - involves sanding all the lines out of the lens, then wet sanding up and up the grades until its clear, then more compount and cutting compounds, t-cut etc.

- agin a veeeeery long process, not at all fun but does get them pretty clear at the end of the process. I have a thread about me doing this somewhere if you wanna look for it.

3. Facelift lens on your pre-facelift housing. - Personally what I would do if you wanna keep your sidelight, the facelift lenses are pretty much clear, look brilliant when cleaned up and seal watertight (most the time) my personal reccomendation would be that approach dude. :thumbs:

Cheers mate, very concise. So facelift lenses then, anyone got any?