The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well I have only gone and bloody done it.

marc_p

Just sent the money over for my new single kit, I took on board what everyone was saying and I went with Whifbitz's twin wastegate kit(BW S366), also went for the SARD 800cc drop-ins, new water and oil pumps, new coilpacks and Bosch fuel pump adapter from Paul(oh and the polished turbo housing). Also got a Bosch fuel pump and a Motec M600 ECU (with Launch, traction, dual AFR's, full throttle shift and some other stuff enabled).

Now just gotta save for a couple of months to get Lee to fit it all at the end of the year:d

I know some of you who have me on facebook might be a little confused as I had already declared that I was going to get the PHR kit, well let's just say that I was just chasing MVP to get the total costing with shipping until I eventually gave up(can't believe you have to pester someone to spend over 5k with them :blink: ).

:thumbs: Awesome news mate. Going to give Pig a run for his money next DB now then? :D

Yup, it's Pig and Rob's fault, basically I was planning on getting a nice E92 330d coupe for a daily, however when we stopped on the way back from Dragonball, I basically just turned to my mates and said 'f**k it, I need to go fast, I'll get a shi**er as a daily' :D

Yup, it's Pig and Rob's fault, basically I was planning on getting a nice E92 330d coupe for a daily, however when we stopped on the way back from Dragonball, I basically just turned to my mates and said 'f**k it, I need to go fast, I'll get a shi**er as a daily' :D

Ah good to see the sensible side coming through :D speed is always number one! :p

Good for you, A 3K tax bill has slowed me up a bit !

Why Motec, its a great ECU and kind of breaks the trend which is nice

Any reason you would not get Paul to fit it if you are buying his kit, I will get the whifbiz kit in the coming months and get Paul to fit it, LeeP is awesome but so is Paul and there must be efficiency in having him supply and fit?

Why Motec, its a great ECU and kind of breaks the trend which is nice

Any reason you would not get Paul to fit it if you are buying his kit, I will get the whifbiz kit in the coming months and get Paul to fit it, LeeP is awesome but so is Paul and there must be efficiency in having him supply and fit?

:yeahthat: how much that setting you back with those items unlocked?

Gone for the Motec for one main reason really, 24/7 telephone support and also a huge network of users including the top race teams which just fills me with a bit of confidence. I got it from Chris Wilson as he knows one of the guy's at Motec well and got him to get me extra's unlocked plus a Supra specific loom and AFR sensors, came to around £2k (RRP is closer to £3k).

Oh and Lee will be doing the kit because a) I'm thinking of maybe fitting the kit myself then getting the car trailered to him to check over and tidy up. b) He's been really helpfull in his PM's to me and already saved me some cash and stopped me buying something I may have regretted.

im sorry but how is this my fault :p

Is this some sort of counter buy for the fact you accidently brought another NA! :D

Good move, I'd personally buy something like an Audi A3 TDi for the daily grind and a stupidly quick Supra :cool:

You can buy some pretty good old beaters for good money these days!

Is this some sort of counter buy for the fact you accidently brought another NA! :D

Good move, I'd personally buy something like an Audi A3 TDi for the daily grind and a stupidly quick Supra :cool:

You can buy some pretty good old beaters for good money these days!

I have to bump the average BHP back up :D, the N/A I got is surprisingly tidy though, hopefully going to make a small profit on it and get a leather interior out of it aswell :).

Thinking of a 1.9TDI Bora as a daily though (after 3 years the single conversion will have actually been paid off due to what I would be saving in petrol compared to the Impreza aswell, so happy days).

I have to bump the average BHP back up :D, the N/A I got is surprisingly tidy though, hopefully going to make a small profit on it and get a leather interior out of it aswell :).

Thinking of a 1.9TDI Bora as a daily though (after 3 years the single conversion will have actually been paid off due to what I would be saving in petrol compared to the Impreza aswell, so happy days).

The Bora's are pretty good, try getting one with a leather interior if you can, they look nice inside.

Actually the leather interior might only be on the V5 models.

Any of the VAG 1.9 TDi engines are good.

Infact 2 weekends ago I went to the Paris office from London borrowing a friends A3 TDi and managed to make it there and back on one tank of diesel and that included bringing back 3 heavy storage boxes (HP Left Hand Boxes) and 2 servers, doing a total of 563 miles! If it wasn't for the heavy kit and sitting in traffic in Paris, I think I could have easily got 600 miles out of a tank which I think was only £60!!

The Bora's are pretty good, try getting one with a leather interior if you can, they look nice inside.

Actually the leather interior might only be on the V5 models.

Any of the VAG 1.9 TDi engines are good.

Infact 2 weekends ago I went to the Paris office from London borrowing a friends A3 TDi and managed to make it there and back on one tank of diesel and that included bringing back 3 heavy storage boxes (HP Left Hand Boxes) and 2 servers, doing a total of 563 miles! If it wasn't for the heavy kit and sitting in traffic in Paris, I think I could have easily got 600 miles out of a tank which I think was only £60!!

I'm lucky to get get 220 miles from £60 out of the Impreza, anyway HP Booooooooo:d

I'm lucky to get get 220 miles from £60 out of the Impreza, anyway HP Booooooooo:d

Sorted then, ditch the impreza hello 1.9, plus you have boost. As sad as it sounds, the turbo sounded pretty nice :D

Nothing wrong with HP! We just order some of the 3PAR storage woohoo :D

Snap, Im also looking into a PD130 TDi bora. Friend has one and it frequently returns 600+ miles to a tank.