The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Popped My TT6 Cherry

ripped_fear

Ok so after posting my sad thread asking for help, this is my happy thread :D

Sunday and Monday me and my girlfriend went for a little break away and while we where there I thought it would be rude not to shoot into the garage I bought my NA from nearly three years ago.

Before going down I had to check out the website and sure enough they have a TT6 facelift in stock which was supplied by jurgen a few years back! Result time for a test drive!

Got it all booked up and yesterday took it for a spin, Now I have been in a couple of TT's now as a passenger and have always enjoyed it, but actually being behind the wheel was totally different! MY god it was fun and fell in love straight away. And compared to my NA I can see why they get ripped so much now. I love mine to bits and it still has some pull but nothing in comparison.

Needless to say two nice little snails will be with me soon as this has made my mind up its time to upgrade, weather it will actually be in the one I took out I'm not sure, but I will be getting one soon now!

Heres a picture of the one I had the fun in :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=153321&stc=1&d=1339528406

Untitled.jpg

Nice car...I'm sure the dealer bought and simply added about £2k to the price though.

The garage is selling on behalf of a client, and I have been told there is a deal to be had. ;) If I can get mine fixed I have been offered 2.5k trade in to, the thing that puts me off is I wanted a white one :p

Jake if you decide to fly down, if you organise it for a weekend flight into Exeter, I more than likely could get you down to Torque, just give me a shout and a bit of notice

:thumbs: cheers bud Im thinking if, and that is if I go for this one I would try meet up with some of the devon guys. I would probably drive down im my dad car tbh but either way could probably still meet up. If it had been white I would have probably put a deposit down.

I did find the 6 speed gearbox a bit floppy it was tight yet vague at the same time. I think it must have had a v161 6 speed as the shifter was alot higher than my w58.

Jake a HG isn't a huge job compares to breaking a car, and parts will sit around for ages and your still have no motor. You would be best to sell the car as one piece, NA's dont net much money when breaking. I'd get her fixed and try and sell it with all the goodies before you start removing bits. Definitely frix that HG, maybe someone from the forum could come over and help you :) I'm soon to be sorting mine HG out on my new engine, if I was confident I'd come over and help you do yours.

Untill your compression test is done, it's still up in the air, could just an a sensor issue.

Edited by Noz
Mongoose (see edit history)

Jake a HG isn't a huge job compares to breaking a car, and parts will sit around for ages and your still have no motor. You would be best to sell the car as one piece, NA's dont net much money when breaking. I'd get her fixed and try and sell it with all the goodies before you start removing bits. Definitely frix that HG, maybe someone from the forum could come over and help you :) I'm soon to be sorting mine HG out on my new engine, if I was confident I'd come over and help you do yours.

Untill your compression test is done, it's still up in the air, could just an a sensor issue.

You dont no where the sensor is do you mate?

Also i wish i could do it myself i just dont have the knoledge to do it so I would need a garage to do it so would cost alot. I really dont want to break it so that will be a last option. Fancy another NA mate? ;)

:D your white one? I want a white one :sly: TBH having never driven a TT6 i wasnt sure if the box felt normall but i know they are supposed to be a bit clunky

Yeah, i thought the same when i drove mine back from the docks when i picked it up. After searching on the forum, i find out that its normal.

Well means that you might be starting another build project? :D

Yeah, i thought the same when i drove mine back from the docks when i picked it up. After searching on the forum, i find out that its normal.

Well means that you might be starting another build project? :D

I will yes but still debating weather to get this one or not, may just wait for a white one first. but as soon as I get one a new project will be about and a bit different this time, but under the bonnet will still be shiny.