The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP

Numbers are not looking to good, mods have said it may never happen again if things dont pick up.

It would be such a shame to lose Suprapod, its the best Supra meet of the year imo.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?267086-Suprapod-2012-7th-July-at-Santa-Pod

Whats with the low numbers at events now? We dont even have a Japshow club stand anymore.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numbers are not looking to good, mods have said it may never happen again if things dont pick up.

It would be such a shame to lose Suprapod, its the best Supra meet of the year imo.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?267086-Suprapod-2012-7th-July-at-Santa-Pod

Whats with the low numbers at events now? We dont even have a Japshow club stand anymore.

:yeahthat:

Its such a shame! i guess not everyone like shows ect anymore. I have got to put my name down for suprapod yet plus i have 4 other cars which want to come.

It's a show you can get involved in yourself though not many shows offer that. Shows normaly involve just parking up and looking at other cars.

Such a shame to see this go, fingers crossed numbers pick up. This is the first one I'm going to miss since owning the supra, due to work... I'm gutted, despite the questionable weather the past few years, it has always been great and a credit to the club and members that make such.

Its the rising costs of fuel, insurance etc that cause this imho. People just cant afford luxuries anymore :(

It certainly makes things more difficult, when I first got the Supra I attended alot more events than I do now. With the cost of petrol now it just costs too much to get to alot of events. I've already filled the Supra up for Suprapod using my 12p off fuel voucher from morrisons :D

Its the rising costs of fuel, insurance etc that cause this imho. People just cant afford luxuries anymore :(

Other clubs seem to manage these meets, cant be just mkiv owners that are skint can it?

Maybe its a sign of these cars getting old, the club scene is a huge part of why i have stayed with Supras so long, if thats not going to be there anymore maybe its time to move on, I cant see R35 owners complaining about fuel costs.

i think it would be such a shame to loose it, where is everyone, even the regulars are missing mods and all? has everyone sold up and and got run abouts if so bring them !!

come on people there is even talks of push bikes being raced,

the supra is a old car now and is well in a chav budget it is a massive shame, and the quality of some new members reflect this

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

I'm with Marc,

If us Aberdeen lot can make the journey (for the 3rd year in a row) then there shouldn't be any excuse for going.

Great you guys are making the long trip, but to be honest i dont think spectators make a great deal of difference to what its costs the club, the club needs people to sign up to the drag racing to cover the costs, that way this event can go on for many years.

Great you guys are making the long trip, but to be honest i dont think spectators make a great deal of difference to what its costs the club, the club needs people to sign up to the drag racing to cover the costs, that way this event can go on for many years.

I'm participating in the drag racing this year :)