The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Product Recommendation: Metal Polish

Matt H

I've tried numerous products, including meguiar's, but this is the only metal polish I've used that actually does what it claims to do. T-Cut original Metal polish. I thought I'd post up on here as I'm sure I'm not the only one that has spent lots of money on products that aren't much cop.

Here's a photo of my exhaust, which has been on for years, polished up using T-Cut. It even got the inside of the pipe shiney! Not that it will stay that way mind :)

And for those who like photos:

Product image for ref

http://www.carandcamping.co.uk/shop/images/uploads/METALPOLISH-TMP100.jpg

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

well that has surprised me. I was a secret closet autosol user. I thought I would be laughed at or shunned if I 'came out'. I can now go public, I am gay an autosol user.

I tried the meguiars tub on one part of my bike engine and autosol on the other. The autosol side came up better and after 1 month was still good. The meguiars side was peppered with white crud.

There's a few products on here I haven't tried, which I will have a dabble with.

I tried the meguiars tub on one part of my bike engine and autosol on the other. The autosol side came up better and after 1 month was still good. The meguiars side was peppered with white crud.

Meguiars (suprisingly) was the worst of the bunch I found.

What's the process. Do you use the cut one first then apply the shine?

yes one is a cleaner, a very good one at that, removes pretty much everything. takes out oxidisation as well and leaves a nice shine.

2nd bottle adds deep shine, removes and remaining scratches and seals the metal, its fantastic stuff.

yes one is a cleaner, a very good one at that, removes pretty much everything. takes out oxidisation as well and leaves a nice shine.

2nd bottle adds deep shine, removes and remaining scratches and seals the metal, its fantastic stuff.

Damnit, now I'll have to try that one too :(

Sounds good, but damn expensive. Tempted though