The mkiv Supra Owners Club

thinking about breaking .......

scoooby slayer

well i got my supra all sorted, clutch done got to 500 miles run in today, all good now the diff is grumbling at the power !

i know its only a diff but all the work ive had to do to get the car right im kind of loosing interest.

i find myself gaugeing what the parts are worth ?

im thinking of half price of new

like my brakes all greedy i have the receipt for £5000 so value them at £2500 but are they likely to sell ?

same as the wheels volk rays ce28n £700 each plus delivery and i have 6, so £2300 for the wheels as they include 2 good 295/30/19 r888s.

new gearbox from toyota was £5000 and carbonetics was £3000 so £4000 for clutch and gearbox

hks 3.4 stroker engine with full t51r spl turbo kit £30000 to build so £10000

and the shell 2 owners 44000 miles, mint, full do luck kit, 2" widened rear, 2000 model number plate S6PRA maybe £4000 with hks suspension rolling on stock rims with all interior but driveline and engine bay emptied.

and a full 1 off hand made 5" exhaust with 3 silencers cost £5000 so maybe £2000

theres loads of other parts but thats biggest money parts how are my prices though ? bearing in mind all parts are new or as new very low miles.

a few pics of the car

the car will be on the ramp in the next fortnight and diff will be removed for inspection and i will go from there.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't do it, that's such a nice car.

it is lovely, mint and insanely fast, ive just spent so much time getting it right i kind of feel disheartened now and thinking about moveing on.

Try selling it first of you decide not to keep it, as said it would be a shame to break it, as well as a headache for yourself

theres a few that have been hanging around for ages ive noticed and not sold, and i wouldnt let it go for less than £27000.

breaking it isnt an issue for me but i will be 100% certain its what i want before i do it, but i agree a terrible shame to break although im sure the shell would live on.

I'd be a bit weary about breaking dude! Me and my mate have found it to be really slow selling stuff at the moment, loads of high end parts are just sitting around ( HKS big twin kit, 6 speed box carbonetics diff etc etc) just getting low balled constantly by people wanting parts for half the price advertised for even though 6 months ago they'd happily pay 3k for a 6-speed conversion, I just don't think people have got the cash ATM be it recession or whatever! :(

such a shame just get the diff done mate, we all get down about the cars when they spit there dummy out by the looks of what you have sent on your car your passed the point of no return so instead of loosing a load of cash just spend a couple more and enjoy :D

I'd be a bit weary about breaking dude! Me and my mate have found it to be really slow selling stuff at the moment, loads of high end parts are just sitting around ( HKS big twin kit, 6 speed box carbonetics diff etc etc) just getting low balled constantly by people wanting parts for half the price advertised for even though 6 months ago they'd happily pay 3k for a 6-speed conversion, I just don't think people have got the cash ATM be it recession or whatever! :(

I think people just don't want to pay decent money for anything.

I think the usual parts would sell, cam covers etc, I feel you may loose alot of money on the high end parts as well.

Though some people may pay for top notch quality items and good parts, I would of thought there would be someone willing to pay top notch money for that car as a whole. Better to sit on the car until it sells than break it. It's a stunner.