The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First 'twitch' last night

Jay

Took the other half out for a drink last night (i was on lemonade...) and met up with a few mates that wanted to go out for a blast in the Supe.

It had been raining most of the evening, and as I left the pub car park I could see it was real greasy so forewarned the lads I wasn't going to do anything silly in those conditions.

I found a nice big main road that has a bit of a right-hand sweep opening into a nice straight road and noticed that the road was really glistening.

Got half way through saying to one of my passengers "look at the state of the road.." when she just stepped out completely mid-bend catching me by suprise. Fortunately I had stuck to my word and not done anything silly, so I was only doing 50-60 at the time, but it was enough of a warning to not continue with playtime for that evening.

My rears are looking a little sorry for themselves, so i'll be getting them sorted today, just thought i'd post up in the hope someone reads this and takes heed.

Might invest in RLTC now, having experienced first hand how easily they go! :conf:

Hi Jay,

Sure gets your attention doesn't it? :D

I'm glad you caught it mate. We'd all be gutted if you'd damaged that particular car.

As Bobbeh said, get some decent rubber on her A.S.A.F.P.

Maybe have a word with the Vortex guys about RLTC - they were doing some great prices recently.

Guest slow dog

thats the fun of owning a rear wheel drive with power

all i can say is go out on your own and find a big space and get used to it so your more prepared for whats gonna happen next

keep in mind you do not own a supra it owns you.............:flame Dev

of all the things i've bought for the supe, which probably adds up to about £5000 of stuff i have to say the RLTC is the best mod i have made, it gives you so much more confidence in pushing the car, full throttle power oversteer out of a corner is sooooooooo much fun (and your mates will think your michael shumacher)